What's new

Unreleased to DVD Year to Year 1970-1985 (1 Viewer)

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
PSO used to run full page and multi page full color stock ads of their films in the special book like issues of Variety.
others I remember were FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR, NOMADS and PRIZZIS HONOR.
Disney seems to have held on to NAVIGATORs rights while MGM contols NOMADS through Atlantic and PRIZZIS through ABC . Add PRIZZI to the Vestron collection , through PSO. NOMADS was on vhs through Paramount which seemed to have had a deal with Atlantic back then.
Recently, HEAVENLY BODIES was shown on TCMs cult programming called TCM Underground. I did not catch the beginning , so i didnt see a logo. But, this bodes well to what you said about Warner Brothers possibly having the rights through the MGM deal.
Possibly its music rights, or just lack of interest.
If WB does control this, I can see the archives doing an 80s wave that would include HEAVENLY BODIES, ELECTRIC DREAMS, RAD and NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
Interesting company.

Louis Letizia

Supporting Actor
A list of 70s /80s films from the main list that also do not seem to have dvd homes:
IN THE SHADOW OF KILIMANJARO
3;15: THE MOMENT OF TRUTH
THE BEAR
THE JIGSAW MAN
TO BEGIN AGAIN (possibly the only Best Foreign Film Oscar winner not on video)
ANGELO MY LOVE
MELANIE
THE CONCRETE JUNGLE
DONT CRY ITS ONLY THUNDER
IF YOU COULD SEE WHAT I HEAR
TRICK OR TREATS
BRAINWASH
GREAT WHITE
CATTLE ANNIE AND LITTLE BRITCHES
BURNED AT THE STAKE (THE COMING)
TATTOO
SAVAGE HARVEST
HARDLY WORKING
THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GEORGIA
JUST A GIGOLO
BEATLEMANIA
BLOOD BEACH
CHANEL SOLITAIRE
BC ROCK
SHAME OF THE JUNGLE
TILT
FOOLIN AROUND
THE AMERICAN SUCCES COMPANY
NIGHT OF THE JUGGLER
HEADIN FOR BROADWAY
TANYAS ISLAND
ROAR
THE PILOT
STEEL
RACQUET
SPRING FEVER
GOOD LUCK MS WYCKOFF
JACOB TWO TWO MEETS THE HOODED FANG
NUTCRACKER FANTASY
A DIRTY KNIGHTS WORK
WIN, PLACE OR STEAL
The limbo New World movies (TAG : THE ASSASSINATION GAME; COVERGIRL; LAST PLANE OUT....)
EMBRYO
THE LAST CASTLE
CLOUD DANCER
SECRETS (Bisset)
MIDDLE AGE CRAZY
THERE GOES THE BRIDE
PAPERBACK HERO
so many others. All of these were either popular on cable or video...or both . Some have been discussed before (THE NIGHT THE LIGHTS WENT OUT IN GA), and some are im sure either in too bad a shape or have music issues (BEATLEMANIA).

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Louis Letizia said:
PSO used to run full page and multi page full color stock ads of their films in the special book like issues of Variety.
others I remember were FLIGHT OF THE NAVIGATOR, NOMADS and PRIZZIS HONOR.
Disney seems to have held on to NAVIGATORs rights while MGM contols NOMADS through Atlantic and PRIZZIS through ABC . Add PRIZZI to the Vestron collection , through PSO. NOMADS was on vhs through Paramount which seemed to have had a deal with Atlantic back then.
Recently, HEAVENLY BODIES was shown on TCMs cult programming called TCM Underground. I did not catch the beginning , so i didnt see a logo. But, this bodes well to what you said about Warner Brothers possibly having the rights through the MGM deal.
Possibly its music rights, or just lack of interest.
If WB does control this, I can see the archives doing an 80s wave that would include HEAVENLY BODIES, ELECTRIC DREAMS, RAD and NOTHING LASTS FOREVER
Interesting company.
PRIZZI actually came to Vestron through an ABC license, not through PSO. Vestron handled pretty much all the '80's ABC theatrical movies - PRIZZI, FLAMINGO KID, SPACECAMP, etc.
WB has confirmed they have theatrical and TV rights to HEAVENLY BODIES, but not DVD. They also do not have rights to ELECTRIC DREAMS. Recent theatrical screenings of DREAMS were done through MGM, using a UK print with Fox and Virgin Films' logo in front, suggesting that the film reverted to Virgin but went back to MGM through Virgin's association with Jonathan Krane's MCEG, which was absorbed into Orion. However, they have stopped taking bookings on the film, which means maybe that deal has expired as well.

Aunt Peg

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William Edwards
Roar was released back in 2003 by JB Ent. with a nice transfer. It can still be purchased from Amazon but he asking price $89.99!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks