What's new

UNIVERSAL-You need to release these films as huge special editions! (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I agree with all films listed so far except Halloween III. What an aweful film, what were they thinking doing a 'Halloween' sequel without good ol Mikey!
rolleyes.gif

------------------
So madly in love with Estella Warren!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: This great film (3 stars from Maltin!) got a poor DVD from Image that had nil.[/quote]
I love MST3K: The Movie and want a CE or UE, but...
1) 3 stars from Matlin.... pfft. Just put on the disc that Siskel and Ebert gave it Two Thumbs Up (which they did), and it'll work out well.
2) Poor DVD from Image? Hell no! I got the DVD for $9 after Image reduced the price on it, and it was worth that $9. It might've had no extras at all, but it had the best non-anamorphic transfer I ever have seen on a DVD. I just hope when Universal re-releases it, they can release an anamorphic transfer that is not only as good as the non-anamorphic transfer, but outshines it everyway possible.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on August 26, 2001 at 08:27 PM]

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Hey Universal, try replacing that piece of crap transfer for Scarface with a better one.
Also, how about an anamorphic version of Vertigo with DTS (replicating the 70mm DTS theatrical soundtrack) as well as the original mono.
Also, if you're not interested in releasing all the titles mentioned yourself, why not let Criterion handle them, since several of your films are being released by them. (Do the Right Thing, Spartacus, Sullivan's Travels)
[Edited last by Richard Kim on August 27, 2001 at 10:22 AM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks