What's new

Ultimate Terry Gilliam Movie (1 Viewer)

JeremyJones

Agent
Just a thought. Wouldn't it be great if Terry Gilliam took over the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy project? I've always thought the Douglas Adams' hilarious book would be Terry Gilliams ultimate project.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
You ain't kidding! This would indeed be a match made in cinematic heaven. I'm guessing he'd ask for a budget of about $229 million bucks...and still go over budget.
laugh.gif

------------------
Scott
Check out my Movie Reviews at Epinions. Help support my debilitating DVD addiction!
AOL IM: TheAngryJew29

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
He's already working on Terry Pratchett's and Neil Gaiman's book "Good Omens". While the book isn't simmilar to Adams' HHGTG, Pratchett has often been compared to Adams. I've read "Good Omens" a few times, as well as everything else done by Gaiman and Pratchett, and am really glad that Gilliam is working on this project. He's the only director that I can think of that will be able to capture the humor in the book.
------------------
--
Donald Roeber
Generating 2048 bits of randomness...

Ross Williams

Supporting Actor
I would absolutely love that. Hitchhiker is my favorite book of all time. Gilliam is in my top 5 directors. I don't know if this film is really filmable. It's way too abstract. I couldn't think of a better director to try it though.
------------------
"You know, there's a million fine looking women in the world, dude. But they
don't all bring you lasagna at work. Most of 'em just cheat on you." - Silent Bob
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Bonzai
Optimus Prime Films

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks