What's new

UHF Remote, MX-700? (1 Viewer)

Corey Albers

Agent
I have the Dish 811 HDTV Receiver for Dish Network, and it says the remote is "UHF". Does anyone know if the Home Theater Master MX-700 will control this unit?

If not, which of the MX remotes would I need?

Thx.

David_Rivshin

Second Unit
Disclaimer: This is largely second hand information, but I trust it.

There is no universal remote on the market that can learn UHF signals, or will control devices via UHF. All UHF remotes are special purpose, at least for the foreseeable future. All universal removes which say they are radio frequency or UHF are really only transmit UHF to a base station, which then relays the actual commands via IR. This is to give the remote greater range and the benefits of UHF, but still communicates to the device via IR.

However, you're not out of luck. The 811 (and most other devices that come with a UHF remote) also accepts IR commands. Infact it seems the 811's command set is the same as the 6000's command set, so there is a wealth of resources already available. One problem is that I believe the 811's remote will not transmit the IR signals, so you can't teach codes directly to a learning remote; you'll need to use those previously mentioned resources in order to get the codes into your remote.
The MX-x00 line are great remotes by all accounts, and if you check out www.RemoteCentral.com I'm sure you'll find what you need to use one with your 811.

Good luck,
-- Dave

Corey Albers

Agent
Thanks Dave. In the MX-700 software, it looks like there is a listing for the Dish 6000 model.

You mentioned the command set seems to be the same for the Dish 811 model. Can anyone confirm this?

Thx again.

Paul_Ptaaty

Stunt Coordinator
I have been looking into the MX remotes, and you could get the MX800, which is like the MX700 with RF capability. This allows you to use the remote away from the relay station/ component you want to control. Since RF and UHF devices typically take IR as well, you could use the RF relay station to beam IR and control the satellite. I don't know the details of your components but thought I'd offer a "train of thought" idea to help you to a solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks