What's new
World Wide Stereo

Two Rocket UFW-10s versus SVS 25-31 PC+? (1 Viewer)

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, I currently have an SVS 25-31 PC+. I'm considering selling it and going for a pair of Rocket UFW-10s, simply for better placement purposes. I love my SVS, but in my particular room am having trouble getting a "balanced" sound (sounds pretty good in my listening position, louder/softer in others). Simple solution would be to get another SVS, but there would be nowhere I could put it.

I know the UFW-10s are sealed...So could I put one right up against a wall/corner niche between my entertainment center and the wall? It would be tight, but would just fit. I would then put the other one where my current SVS is.

This would pretty much be just home theater, though I have been listening to a slight bit more music lately. Would I be giving up anything in regards to home theater? I understand the UFW-10s are good for music...just don't know how they would compare to my SVS for home theater.

What do y'all think?

728x90

Torgny Nilsson

Second Unit
Check out the Outlaw sub too. They usually have a special price on two of them and have been well reviewed.

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator

Too big for that one niche I was talking about. I would actually have about 14 inches width to play with there (PB-10 15.5", UFW-10 13").

Actually, after looking at it last night, I moved my SVS about 3-4 inches to right against the wall. It's now in a semi-corner (more like 120-130 degrees than a straight 90-degree angle) and right next to the fireplace. After setting the level, it sounds more even in all listening positions, but sounds "different" and I'm not sure I like it. It sounds like some frequencies are much more accentuated than others. The fireplace may be the culprit here. I suppose one of those BFDs or something similar may help in this situation. Time to start reading up. :)

Ian C

Stunt Coordinator

No...I'm thinking I'll break it out this weekend and give it a go. I'm also curious to see how accurate the MCACC on my Pioneer is, though everything (except the sub) seems pretty well balanced.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
I think the sub's the trickiest to try and calibrate. Plus, unless you have a perfect room and is well-treated, I doubt that you'll be able to get the sub to sound the same in multiple listening locations.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denapix
Recent bookmarks