What's new

Twilight Zone (Original Series) Season 1 Comes to Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by TravisR

Yeah, I'd much rather hear a Marc Scott Zicree commentary. The video interviews that they did with actors on the later sets were much better than the commentaries because the interviews were 5 to 10 minutes of real info rather than the actor struggling to fill 25 minutes of commentary.
The only Zone commentaries worth bothering with on the DEs (aside from the occasional oddity like Don Rickles and Mickey Rooney and the occasional good one from Earl Holliman and Billy Mumy) really are those Zicree ones on the Seasons 4 and 5 sets. I actually feel like I'm learning something instead of random mumblings punctuated by coherence. Hell they couldn't even get Leonard Nemoy to contribute something worthwhile. A big waste if you ask me.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
I have real sad news to report for those of us in Europe, that were planning to buy this. Just read a review for this at blu - news.com.Its locked to region A. Wish those pesky region free blu players would go down in price. Why cant all studios be like Warner and just leave them unlocked ?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Holy Corn field!

At first when news of this BD came out, I was on the fence because I had already collected the Definitive Edition, that included Zicree's book too.

But I knew that the BD would likely look even better and I already resigned myself months ago that I'd go for this new set! After seeing those screencaps, wow. You can see stray hairs on that shot of Richard Deacon, scratches on the furniture, the book titles and even the ragged edge of one of the set walls to the right of Deacon.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
DVDBeaver has screencaps up and they look awesome!

http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDCompare7/twilightzone.htm

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
One thing I wish DVDBeaver would do is to make the display of the screen captures the same size. In other words, if I was comparing the two products at home I would be flipping back and forth between an upconverted SD and a standard output Blu-ray on my 1080p projector at the same screen resolution and size. Not a smaller 480p image against a 1080p image. The way it is presented I actually find it harder to make an accurate comparison between the two. It's a bit apples to oranges to me when it wouldn't need to be. Now this means the SD image would have to be artifically scaled (making it less acurate to the source), but that is what is going on with anyone projecting at 720p or 1080p anyways (probably most of us at this point).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks