What's new

Twilight Time announces Blu-ray releases July-August 2013 (1 Viewer)

EddieLarkin

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nick
Personally I'd go with option 4 because I don't believe that there is any significant risk of this selling out before you'll get a chance to buy it. I'd estimate a minimum of 3 months, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's still available well into 2014.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
For those who've been waiting, Screen Archives Entertainment's website is now taking blu-ray pre-orders for both "Sleepless In Seattle" & "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing"...I already have "Sleepless" on the way to me from Amazon.de via Sony Germany, but have ordered the latter title...

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
This caught me off guard as their usual preorder launches tend to be on Fridays. I'm guessing the preorder for Driver will be up next week.

Also for those that still have the DVD, be aware that the TT blu-ray of Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing will not include the William Holden documentary that was on the DVD so hold on to it if that's something you want to hold on to. It seems TT hasn't been able to get the rights to the A&E/Biography Channel extras that were on the DVDs when licensing titles like this or The Song of Bernadette.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 07/01/2013​
Twilight Time announces the exciting BLU-RAY release of the star-studded romance featuring the incomparable Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan!
SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 9TH, 2013
“Sublime…the hippest, frankest and funniest date movie around…Director Nora Ephron’s a major talent with a wicked gift for tickling the funny bone, exposing hidden truths and then, just when you’re not looking, slamming you in the solar plexus.”
Peter Travers, Rolling Stone
“Mr. Hanks and Ms. Ryan are terrifically attractive, each somehow persuading the audience of the validity of all the things that keep them apart and then miraculously bring them together.”
Vincent Canby, The New York Times
“So warm and gentle I smiled the whole way through.”
Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
Writer-director Nora Ephron’s tour de force romantic comedy stars Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan as a pair of star-crossed, meant-to-be lovers who don’t meet until the film’s last reel. Along the way, the film—glowingly shot by the great Sven Nykvist—gifts us with tart commentary on the state of modern love, particularly as experienced by those of us whose very idea of romance has been all-too influenced by what we’ve seen in the movies.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Press Release 07/01/2013​
Twilight Time proudly announces the stunning BLU-RAY release of the greatest love story of all-time – where east meets west in exotic Hong Kong!
Love is a Many Splendored Thing
Limited Edition BLU-RAY Release​
Only 3,000 units available at​
Once they are gone – they are gone!​
RELEASE DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 9TH, 2013
“Fine and sensitive…indeed a many-splendored thing...as simple and moving a love story as has come along in many a moon. This is something of an emotional tear-jerker, to be sure, but an awfully well-made one.”
Variety
“Anyone who has ever been in love can relate to this film…It’s the emotions that are important, and they are conveyed with a sensitivity and conviction that remind one of the real thing and make one believe that the two principal characters truly were in love.”—DVD Verdict
One of Hollywood’s great epic romances, Love Is a Many-Splendored Thing (1955)—based on the bestselling autobiographical novel by Han Suyin—stars Jennifer Jones as a reserved Eurasian doctor working in the exotic, conflict-ridden Hong Kong of the post-World War II era. There, she meets a dashing (if married) war correspondent, resplendently played by William Holden; the two embark on a whirlwind romance buffeted by problems of race, politics, and war. Directed by the sturdy Henry King, the film features superb cinematography by Leon Shamroy—with extraordinary location footage shot by Charles Clarke—and an unforgettable score by the great Alfred Newman, built on one of the most popular title songs of the 1950s, written by Sammy Fain and Paul Francis Webster.
LIKE TWILIGHT TIME ON FACEBOOK

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
JoHud said:
This caught me off guard as their usual preorder launches tend to be on Fridays. I'm guessing the preorder for Driver will be up next week. Also for those that still have the DVD, be aware that the TT blu-ray of Love Is A Many-Splendored Thing will not include the William Holden documentary that was on the DVD so hold on to it if that's something you want to hold on to. It seems TT hasn't been able to get the rights to the A&E/Biography Channel extras that were on the DVDs when licensing titles like this or The Song of Bernadette.
Not just TT, but Fox themselves. The documentary from them was the only extra left off the 50s Titanic Blu

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
PRE-ORDER ALERT!!! I've just been on Screen Archive's website, and the home page says that Walter Hill's "The Driver" will be available for online pre-orders TOMORROW, Wednesday July 3rd at 4PM Eastern time!!! Also, 100 special promotion copies SIGNED BY DIRECTOR WALTER HILL will be available for those who pre-order $100 or more...terms of the deal are on the top of their home page!!!

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
It's signed copies of Hard Times:
July 1st - This Wednesday, July 3rd at 4 pm EST, Twilight Time's Blu-ray release of Walter Hill's classic THE DRIVER will be available for Pre-Order, as well as 100 copies of HARD TIMES signed by the director will be offered simultaneously as a promotion. Purchase $100-plus of Twilight Time product to receive one FREE signed copy of HARD TIMES while supplies last -- offer strictly limited to ONE signed copy per customer. The BluRay will need to be added to your cart and will be located in the Twilight Time label on the home page.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I'm still waiting on my preorder to ship. :(
Right, my normal experience is that I would receive the shipping notice today, and then the actual package would arrive on Friday or Saturday.By the way, when you noted that your copy of LiaMST was delayed because you ordered it and The Driver on the same order ... I learned your lesson and placed two separate orders! Seems to have worked, as I received LiaMST last week.Edit - Sure enough, I just checked my email client; my shipping notice for The Driver was time-stamped at 1:01 PM.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Dave B Ferris said:
Right, my normal experience is that I would receive the shipping notice today, and then the actual package would arrive on Friday or Saturday.By the way, when you noted that your copy of LiaMST was delayed because you ordered it and The Driver on the same order ... I learned your lesson and placed two separate orders! Seems to have worked, as I received LiaMST last week.Edit - Sure enough, I just checked my email client; my shipping notice for The Driver was time-stamped at 1:01 PM.
Unfortunately, my order is still pending. In the future, I'll have to change how I order from them.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I wonder what that holdup is!

Just got my shipping notice yesterday, and I'll be very happy indeed to see The Driver in my mailbox.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Body Double
The Disappearance
Sexy Beast
The Driver

Orders placed -- nice couple weeks. It's pretty good day when Sexy Beast is my least favorite order of the day

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks