What's new

3D Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures only available in 3D in Japan has the best 3D pop-out scenes (1 Viewer)

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Anyone know why this title - Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures is not available in the US in 3D? Well it is but you have to buy it from a Japanese company for more than twice the 2D version. $17.99 US version - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/A-Turtles-Tale-Sammys-Adventures-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d000%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-000-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B006US3UPS&ASIN=B006US3UPS&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER $36.99 Japanese version - http://www.yesasia.com/us/en/shopping-cart.html $33.73 region B only - http://www.amazon.com/Turtles-Tale-Adventures-Blu-Ray-NON-USA/dp/B006AS4OCQ/ref=sr_1_3?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1332712411&sr=1-3 This title is know to have the most and best pop-out 3D scenes.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
RolandL said:
Anyone know why this title - Turtle's Tale: Sammy's Adventures is not available in the US in 3D?
Well, as for "why", as a movie, it's not very good: It's from the director/producer of "Fly Me to the Moon", and--while I can't say whether Fly's 3D was as good, never having seen it in theaters--that one pretty well closed the door on "foreign" CGI ever being taken seriously in this country. Sammy's CGI is only slightly better, but if I say "Foreign CGI family film", and you picture a certain plot and genre, well, US studios do too. You'd also be right. (But the 3D is pretty amazing, on a theme-park level: The discussion we had on one board was "Where should the director be working for 3D CGI, instead of on his own?--Pixar? Dreamworks, they buy everybody?") For those who just want to take a look at the darn thing on their PS3 or smart-player, and don't want to go into foreign import investment, it's available as a VOD on Vudu.com for $7, but the attempt to raise the banner for the movie is starting to reach cult-like proportions for reasons not necessarily having to do with the movie.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Ejanss said:
Well, as for "why", as a movie, it's not very good: It's from the director/producer of "Fly Me to the Moon", and--while I can't say whether Fly's 3D was as good, never having seen it in theaters--that one pretty well closed the door on "foreign" CGI ever being taken seriously in this country. Sammy's CGI is only slightly better, but if I say "Foreign CGI family film", and you picture a certain plot and genre, well, US studios do too. You'd also be right. (But the 3D is pretty amazing, on a theme-park level: The discussion we had on one board was "Where should the director be working for 3D CGI, instead of on his own?--Pixar? Dreamworks, they buy everybody?") For those who just want to take a look at the darn thing on their PS3 or smart-player, and don't want to go into foreign import investment, it's available as a VOD on Vudu.com for $7, but the attempt to raise the banner for the movie is starting to reach cult-like proportions for reasons not necessarily having to do with the movie.
Yeah, I was thinking of getting it to show off the 3D, don't care about the story. Fly me to the Moon I have in the old field-sequential format. Funny, I was at a science museum years ago and they charged about $10 to watch a 20 minute 3D film. It was just 20 minutes from Fly Me to the Moon.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks