The Stranger (Orson Welles) - 10/15 (Kino!)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Didier R, Jul 25, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Didier R

Didier R Stunt Coordinator

BRAND NEW 1080p HD TRANSFER on / 35MM Restoration from the Library of Congress EXCLUSIVE to Kino Classics!BONUS FEATURES: Audio commentary from filmmaker / historian / curator Bret Wood, Original Nazi concentration and prison camp footage (both featured in the final film) from filmmaker George Stevens, Original Theatrical Trailer

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/The-Stranger-Blu-ray/ref=%26%2574%2561g%3d%2562l%2575r%2561y%252d000%252d20?SubscriptionId=AKIAIY4YSQJMFDJATNBA&tag=bluray-000-20&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00E5MIM86&ASIN=B00E5MIM86&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

2. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Producer

Byron
    Guess this will be an upgrade for the PD Blu-ray edition released in 2011....

3. kingofthejungle

kingofthejungle Stunt Coordinator

This is great news. Kino's PD releases have been pretty solid for the most part, and this will doubtless be a huge improvement over the awful Film Chest disc - hopefully it betters the MGM DVD as well.

4. TheSteig

TheSteig Supporting Actor

David
    I bought back the MGM DVD because the Blu Ray is terrible like a PD looking film - Lets hope Kino does this movie right.

Now Im deciding what to do about Kansas City Confidential

Kino also announced Hitch-hiker - I dumped their DVD for the Roan Group edition because that was a bad KINO DVD release too

5. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

6. David_B_K

David_B_K Advanced Member

David
    I remember seeing an HD broadcast of this film back when I had the VOOM channels on DISH. I thought it looked pretty darned good and had it recorded on a hard drive that later crashed. The previous Blu-ray looked nothing like the one I saw on VOOM. So, I know there is hope for a good Blu 0f this. Pending reviews, I'm in.