What's new

Tumult PR HF response (1 Viewer)

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone measured one of these (dual 18" PR) and seen what the HF (80-120hz) response looks like?

David

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
David,

A PR is a "passive radiator" which is used to tune the enclosure. It accomplishes the same thing as a port. Only the active driver will have any real output in the range you're asking about.

David_P

Stunt Coordinator
what I meant was the response of the system... e.g. the Tumult plus the 18" PRs... I'm wondering how high a "classic" Tumult plus two 2500g PRs can be run before it needs to be crossed over.

There are some threads about this in this forum but they all seem to discuss response after equalization via a BFD is applied. I'm wondering how it works before equalization.

David

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
The upper response will be the same whether it's with PR, vent, or sealed. What's a "classic" Tumult?

Brian-K-Owens

Stunt Coordinator
I think all he is asking is if he has a 15" Tumult in a dual PR enclosure, how high can the XO point be and still sound good. . .how is the sound of this setup (or the Tumult in general) up around 80-120Hz.

I think he is referring to the Tumult/dual 18" PR setup as a "classic" setup. . . It has been around quite awhile!!

I have Tumults, but I have never tried them that high. Mine are XO'd at 60Hz, so I can not answer.

Brian

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Brian and David,

I understand what you guys are saying, but the answer is the same regardless of the application. The Tumult's HF response will not differ in a PR'd, ported, or sealed box. BTW, my Tumult does just fine XO'd at 80Hz.

David_P

Stunt Coordinator

??? So why when looking at Adire's site and the different alignments for vented Maelstroms's, for example, is there some fairly large differences in the plotted HF response? e.g. Maelstrom Aidre alignment is considered to be +/-3 db to 90hz, SBB4 to 80hz, and EBs also to 80hz. Or maybe 10hz isn't such a big deal...

David

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
May I ask, why are you interested in such a high crossover point?I wouldnt want any frequencies over 80hz going to mine. I used 60hz and below on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks