What's new

Trigger Issues (1 Viewer)

hesster

Auditioning
Real Name
William
I have a issue triggering my older Furman Powerports from my Emotiva Equipment. All of the Emotiva gear has input and output triggers, and the XMC-1 Processor trigger outputs (4 of them) are used to trigger all of the amps. Works great. However, they will not trigger the Furman Power Ports, which have a hard wire "12v and Remote" connection strip for trigger input. I measured the trigger output of the Emotiva Processor at 11.8 V DC and ~300Ma. The Emotiva gear does not have any switched 120V outlets on the back which could be used as a solution in conjunction with available switching relays. Any suggestions?

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne

hesster

Auditioning
Real Name
William
It turns out, a trigger is not what is needed, so I was chasing the wrong solution. All that is needed is a small 12v dc relay, triggered on by the Processor Trigger Out, and the relay then connects the Furman Powerport 12v/Remote terminals together. That fires the Furman to turn on. Simple.

hesster

Auditioning
Real Name
William
One of the Furman 20 Amp Power Ports is for plugging in a Behringer Europower 4000w Amp mounted in the basement ceiling (fan is noisy). That then powers the "Beast" - my custom built 15" Dual long throw Woofer, a Decker Isoberrek design Sub called the "Housewrecker". It can truly move things around in the house, the wife hates it. Play a Blue Ray with True Master HD Audio and it can prob split atoms. The 2nd Power Port is for all the Fans, Lights, Leds, etc. Just moved into my new home, and ran (6) dedicated 20A outlets to power my HT gear, OFC wiring, and wanted to do the installation right the first time. Also built the 8' Tall GR Research Line Arrays designed by Danny Ritchie, and use a pair of Emotiva XPR 1000w Amps for power. Next move is to upgrade to a Atmos set-up, still pondering if it is worth it.

IMG_2105.JPG
IMG_2106.JPG

Last edited:

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
Cool set-up! I figured you were using it for something like that. You can get other devices that will work from a 12v trigger like Niles AC3 and APC-2, Russound ACT-1, and Xantech AC1. I’m using the Niles units in both my system to power outboard equalizers. Granted, none of them look as cool as the Furman... :)

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks