What's new

Tournament: Head To Head- Mike Hutman vs. Brian Kissinger (1 Viewer)

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
HOLY SHIT is this painful!!
Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn
"Then let's head on down into that cellar and carve ourselves a witch."

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
[looks around to see if fellow film snobs are looking]Evil Dead II[/looks around to see if fellow film snobs are looking]

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, Sir Kissinger, I watched the three endings of Suicide Kings tonight. Sorry, I didn't take the time to watch the whole movie. I'm not sure I really have a favorite ending, though I know I don't like alternate #2. The final one is a bit abrupt, but it is probably the most acceptable for the movie. The original is a little tutti fruity.

BTW, I am catching about the last 20 minutes of Lost in Space on TNT. OMG! That is one unbelievably awful piece of garbage.

Andy Olivera

Screenwriter
Evil Dead 2

Regarding Suicide Kings, I think they went with the right ending. The others just didn't feel right...

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Regarding Suicide Kings:
First off, I'm not sure which of the two (like John, the second alternate isn't a consideration with me) I prefer. The actual ending does seem to fit. I mean Charlie did get his finger chopped off, had his money taken, and Avery thinks his sister is dead. They have it coming. However, there is the theme to the movie that women are Charlie's weakness (and Lono too), and the original ending captures that. You were right about her. I think it adds something to the tale. You have a merciless gangster, who is at the mercy of women. It's a bit more romantic, I guess. And the movie is pretty light-hearted through-out until the ending. I just think the original has the better tone and feel to it.

Regarding Evil Dead II thus far pitching a shut-out:
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Well children, it appears that I'm unstoppable. That being said, I'll more than likely lose this round. Evil Dead II moves on.
ROUND 1, BRACKET 7
The Waterboy
No son of mine is gonna play any foos-ball.
VS
The Princess Bride
I do not suppose you could a speed things up?
If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only only waiting around to kill you.
That does put a damper on our relationship.
But, I promise I will not kill you until you reach the top.
That's VERY comforting, but I'm afraid you'll just have to wait.
I hate waiting. I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.
Isn't there any way you trust me?
Nothing comes to mind.
I swear on the soul of my father, Domingo Montoya, you will reach the top alive.
Throw me the rope.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I've thankfully never seen The Waterboy, but there is some horrible zombie type 70s movie on right now called Sugar Hill.

abstain

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Which begs the question: Where do you stand on The Princess Bride?

I'm quite certain in keeping with our pattern, you will hate it as you hate all my other favs (excepting Miller's) as I seem to hate yours.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Fine, be that way Brian.
I like The Princess Bride, and I had no idea we disagreed so much. Well, I can think if one thing we agree on.
:D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, Brian, maybe you could give me a list of those favorites I "trashed."
:laugh: Ha! That one took me a minute. The weird thing is, there is some TV movie on right now with Laura Harris in it, who is the one Walken was directing that line toward.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Aw, I missed the last round. I like both movies, but probably would have gone with Evil Dead also.

I adore The Princess Bride, but haven't see The Waterboy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks