What's new

Tournament: Head To Head- Mike Hutman vs. Brian Kissinger (2 Viewers)

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Welcome to yet another head to head tourney.
Yet, this will be like no other head tourney. Well, I guess it will. But, we are featuring movies that we find ourselves watching over and over again. These are not our favorites (Although many of our faves did make the cut), but movies that we just can't seem to deny. Many of these are "cable pleasures" that whenever on, we end up watching.
And to make things a little more fun, we will be adding either a favorite quote, or a quote we use often from each movie.
So without further ado, let the snickering and laughing begin.
ROUND 1, BRACKET 1
L.A. Confidential
I admire you as a policeman, particularly your adherence to violence as a necessary adjunct to the job.
vs
The Boondock Saints
We're sort of like 7-11. We're not always doing business, but we're always open.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Um, I gotta abstain.
Only seen part of The Boondock Saints.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
I have to abstain too. I LOVE L.A. Confidential but have yet to see Boondock Saints. It's one of those that, I actually own the DVD, but haven't watched yet.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I think someone should start a tourney where the goal is never to have more than one vote in any bracket.

Of course, several seem to be already trying that.

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter
Well after a flurry of votes and a heated back and forth battle for the ages, L.A. Confidential comes out with the big overtime victory.
And although it was not my pick, I highly recommend The Boondock Saints. It's worth the time.
ROUND 1, BRACKET 2
Saving Private Ryan
He better be worth it. He better go home and cure a disease, or invent a longer lasting light bulb.
vs
A Few Good Men
You see Danny, I can deal with the bullets, and the bombs, and the blood. I don't want money, and I don't want medals. What I do want is for you to stand there in that faggoty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some fucking courtesy. You gotta ask me nicely.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
A Few Good Men - very tough decision, but most people prefer SPR, so that makes me automatically like A Few Good Men more :D
"Have you ever served in an infantry unit?"

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I'll go with A Few Good Men because it has 17 year old, large breasted women in it.
Oh, wait, no it doesn't. I'll still vote that way.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John

Yeah, well, I didn't want to give away too much.

The rest of HTF = "Huh?"

Users who are viewing this thread