What's new

Tour Of Duty: The Complete Series - is the packaging metal or cardboard? (1 Viewer)

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
I like the look of this box & the pic at Amazon makes it look like a metal case which would cost an absolute fortune to ship to the UK, does anyone know whether it is meatl or just a good picture & actually cardboard?

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
It looks metal to me but I would imagine that it's cardboard. Looking at the pics at TV Shows On DVD's news story, it seems like the shadow of where you would put the lock on the footlocker is going in the same direction in both pics. If the shadow is going in the same direction, I would think that means it's cardboard. By no means is that definitive evidence though:)

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=4239

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Hi Travis,

Thanks for the reply & the link.

I'm nout sure I understand what you mean about the shadows as it look slike both pics are the same but just rotated through 90 degrees.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member

That's why I didn't think it really 'proved' it either way. :) What I meant was that if the box is just flat cardboard and they put the shadows on it, that shadow is always going to be going that one way. Like you said though, it could be the same pic just turned 90 degrees.

Either way, it seems like a metal box (with wear and a spray paint look) would cost too much.

Andreas_K

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure it's metal. Over here in Germany they packed a limited edition of the PC game "Panzers" (Parts 1&2) in an old US munitions box.

However the actual box doesn't look as pretty as the one that's advertised. It's not even the same design as the model box they used for that picture. They just slap their sticker on an actual old, used and bruised box US army box and that's it. Don't count on it being cleaned and free of rust or dust for example - at least that's how they did it with this box. But that has its charm as well, at least each box is totally unique.

As for shipping costs - I don't think it costs that much more to ship it, but usually you can check the costs before you confirm your order.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm surprised Tour Of Duty's been such a big hit for Sony on DVD while shows like Who's The Boss, Mad About You, Charlie's Angels, Diff'rent Strokes and so forth are in release limbo, and they all lasted longer and did better in the ratings, etc...

Johnny G

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the replies guys.

Seeing the German game in a metal case makes me think this could be.

I'm sure Air Mail from the US to the UK would cost at least $20, maybe even $50!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks