What's new

Toronto Members - Paramount DLP Projection? (1 Viewer)

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Hi there.

Does anyone know if the Paramount Famous Players theatre will be playing the Star Wars AOTC with a DLP projector?

They are listed as having such a projector but I am unable to confirm if AOTC will be shown digitally there and if so which theatre it is playing in.

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks

EricW

Senior HTF Member
hmm... the site lists FP Colossus and AMC winston churchill as having DLPs. i still don't know FER SHURE if they'll be used for Ep2; if anyone can verify, please do!

Kami

Screenwriter
hmm... the site lists FP Colossus and AMC winston churchill as having DLPs. i still don't know FER SHURE if they'll be used for Ep2; if anyone can verify, please do!
You may want to read the page again...specifically the top. ;)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds
Odd...AOTC is playing in the Festival Hall at the Paramount, which, unless I'm totally not remembering right, is the one theatre there equipped for digital projection.

Why would they have a digital projector and not use it for AOTC when Lucasfilm is pushing so hard for digital projection?

Apparently AMC Winston Churchill in Mississauga justified putting in a digital projector because it makes more money than all the other AMCs in the GTA combined.

Gui A

Supporting Actor
For the first question:
Here's the info you're looking for...
The Paramount DLP is no longer there. I have gone to the theater and confirmed this. They're showing it in 35mm. (Still don't know if they're showing it in the IMAX screen).
The Colossus DLP is installed and may be showing Episode II. One rep told me yes, but when another forum member called, a different rep wasn't sure. I don't have the number with me right now, but I'll call tomorrow.
and unconfirmed: The Metro Today (a free newspaper given away on the subway) says that the AMC 24 across the highway has a brand new DLP projector. I do not know if this is true, or if I read it wrong.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
For the 2 Famous Players DLP Theaters, these are the current showtimes
* SILVERCITY RIVERPORT- B.C.
MAY 16 - 23 / 1:00 4:20 7:50 11:10
* COLOSSUS VAUGHAN - ONTARIO
MAY 16 - 23 / 11:45 3:00 6:45 10:00
Late show Fri, Sat Sun 1:00
Taken from http://www.famousplayers.ca/Static/F..._Locations.htm
Kinda pissed right now cause these shows were not listed when advanced tickets went on sale (neither was the midnight show). We have tickets for the 12:00PM show which I was hoping would be in the DLP theater.
Have to go again I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks