What's new

Top 5 Most Wanted DVD's! (1 Viewer)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary

Shoot! I have no idea why I wrote that one down. I was thinking of another Christmas classic that starred Barbara, namely "Remember the Night". Sorry about that, and I'll edit my first post to reflect that.

Gary "what in the world was I thinking? I have no explanation for that slip" O.

DanMel

Second Unit
1. Test Pilot (1938) Clark Gable, Spencer Tracy, Myrna Loy
2. In Name Only (1939) Cary Grant, Carole Lombard
3. Bluebeard's Eigth wife (1938) Gary Cooper Claudette Colbert
4. Desire (1936) Gary Cooper, Marlene Dietrich
5. Waterloo Bridge (1940) Vivien Leigh, Robert Taylor

Note: yes I know Desire and In Name Only are available in R2 in huge expensive box sets with Pal speedup and not interested.

Of course I would like to see a few hundred more released from the 30's and 40's from Gary Cooper, Cary Grant, Spencer Tracy, Clark Gable, Jean Harlow ect.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
1) 1492: The Conquest of Paradise -I'll be purchasing the Korean release but I'd love for Charlie de Lauzirika to have a go at this title.
2) The African Queen
3) Woman of Straw
4) Futureworld
5) Any remaining Errol Flynn titles.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
Wow. All of my top 5 made it out, plus about 95% of my additional titles. I rule!
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

My new Top 5

1. Island of Lost Souls
2. Man of the West
3. Kongo
4. Fall of the Roman Empire
5. The Blue Dahlia

Honorable mentions

20,000 Years in Sing Sing
99 River Street
The African Queen
The Beast with Five Fingers
The Big Gundown
Burn Witch Burn
Comanche Station
Cry of the City
The Dark Mirror
Dark of the Sun
Death Rides a Horse
Desperate
Destroy All Monsters
Devil's Doorway
The Devil Thumbs a Ride
Dr Terror's House of Horrors
The Face Behind the Mask
Face to Face
The Friends of Eddie Coyle
The Furies
Garden of Evil
The Glass Key
Gorath
The Gorgon
The Gunfighter
The H-Man
The Hanging Tree
Hitokiri
Human Desire
The Human Vapor
Invisible Stripes
The Kremlin Letter
Larceny Inc
The Little Giant
Man Hunt
A Matter of Life and Death
The Mercenary
Ministry of Fear
Mothra
Phantom Lady
The Phenix City Story
Ride Lonesome
Road House
Rodan
Samson and Delilah
The Sea Wolf
Secret Beyong the Door
The Skull
The Tall T
Three Outlaw Samurai
Twins of Evil
The Unholy Three (1930)
The Uninvited
Vampire Circus
War of the Gargantuas
West of Zanzibar
The Window

Charles H

Screenwriter
TCM showed LOVE WITH A PROPER STRANGER, unletterboxed, which reflects the insensitivity of Paramount to its own product---a huge boxoffice hit with both McQueen's and Wood's finest performances, but file it under "it ain't going to happen" unless they license it out to Criterion. It got me to thinking about an objective list of 10 essential films that NEED to come out on DVD: 1) THE AFRICAN QUEEN, 2) ISLAND OF LOST SOULS, 3) FIVE GRAVES TO CAIRO (to complete the Wilder filmography save for FEDORA), 4) TO EACH HIS OWN, 5) WINGS (Oscar winner), 6) CAVALCADE (Oscar Winner), 7) LOVE WITH A PROPER STRANGER, 8) REMEMBER THE NIGHT, 9) CLUNY BROWN, 10) MAN OF THE WEST. I assume that GREED, THE BIG PARADE, WATERlLOO BRIDGE (1940), THE MERRY WIDOW, and THIS HAPPY BREEDII are on their way--however slowly, and I've tried to reflect the millitancy of other HTF members. I've also omitted my own quirks: THE RACK, THE STORY OF MANKIND, A CHILD IS WAITING, ACT OF LOVE, THE COBWEB, THE GUILT OF JANET AMES, CHRISTMAS and SUMMER HOLIDAY, THE THIRTEENTH LETTER, THE BARBARIAN AND THE GEISHA, PITFALL, SITTING PRETTY, THE PORT OF SEVEN SEAS, THE FRENCH THEY ARE A FUNNY RACE, HOLD BACK THE DAWN, THE MUDLARK, THREE CAME HOME (non pd), TARNISHED ANGELS, A TIME TO LIVE AND A TIME TO DIE, NO MAN OF HER OWN, SKIDOO, HURRY SUNDOWN, A HATFUL OF RAIN, LADY IN THE DARK, SLEEP, MY LOVE, KNOCK ON ANY DOOR, DEADLINE USA, BEAU JAMES , THE CAT AND THE CANARY, ALICE IN WONDERLAND (1933), THE IRON PETTICOAT THE UNGUARDED MOMENT, TONIGHT AND EVERY NIGHT, FOREVER FEMALE, TALES OF MANHATTAN WHEN MY BABY SMILES AT ME, THE WAYWARD BUS, VIVA ZAPATA, A TREE GROWS IN BROOKLYN,and every Alastair Sim movie ever made.

Todd_W_Zimmrman

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Todd W. Zimmerman

Now that AGAINST ALL FLAGS is out, I'll replace that title with MILLION DOLLAR LEGS. Hopefully, we'll see a third W.C. Fields set this year.

Eric Ten

Grip
Real Name
Eric Tengren
1 THE FRIENDS OF EDDIE COYLE
2 ROLLING THUNDER
3 THE GREY FOX
4 LET IT BE
5 UNDERWORLD USA

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks