What's new

Tombstone Territory Complete on 12/17 (1 Viewer)

Greg Krewet

Premium
Supporter
RichardI found the complete Tombstone Territory in New Braunfels for $20. There is at least 1 copy left as of noon, Jan 11. You might also check the Schertz Walmart, they generally get the same shipment. Hope this helps. I was surprised to see the MGM logo on the side of the packaging.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
Does anyone know if Timeless has any plans to release seasons 2/3 of Tombstone Territory, or was the complete series via WalMart the end of their plans for this show? I have enjoyed season 1 and would love to get the remaining episodes, without paying for a used copy of the complete set on ebay.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
GMBurns said:
Does anyone know if Timeless has any plans to release seasons 2/3 of Tombstone Territory, or was the complete series via WalMart the end of their plans for this show? I have enjoyed season 1 and would love to get the remaining episodes, without paying for a used copy of the complete set on ebay.
When I was unable to locate it at Walmart I contacted Timeless and purchased it directly from them, even though it wasn't listed on their website at the time. It cost slightly more that way (I believe $30) but I was happy to have it and didn't want to waste any more time at Walmart.

GMBurns

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Glenn
smithbrad said:
When I was unable to locate it at Walmart I contacted Timeless and purchased it directly from them, even though it wasn't listed on their website at the time. It cost slightly more that way (I believe $30) but I was happy to have it and didn't want to waste any more time at Walmart.
Brad - thanks. I emailed Timeless and they said to expect the complete series to be on their website soon. Thanks a lot for the tip.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
I was one of the lucky ones who found this at Walmart. I've watched 8 discs so far and it's a really good show. It maintains it's quality consistantly . Be prepared to get the theme song stuck in your head after a couple of episodes. Funny how actor pat Conway didn't do much after this . While on the subject of Timeless , I keep hoping they'll go back to the ZIV catalog for more releases of this type.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
LouA said:
While on the subject of Timeless , I keep hoping they'll go back to the ZIV catalog for more releases of this type.
You and me both, Lou. But with Shout now calling the shots, I'm not very confident we'll see this happen.

Gary "Timeless has really scaled back their releases - but then again, with Shout now in full control is anyone that surprised?" O.

shoeshineboy

Second Unit
Real Name
dan olson
Gary OS said:
You and me both, Lou. But with Shout now calling the shots, I'm not very confident we'll see this happen. Gary "Timeless has really scaled back their releases - but then again, with Shout now in full control is anyone that surprised?" O.
Isn't it time to recognize that Shout's takeover of Timeless hasn't been the complete disaster as the repetitive complaints seem to indicate? Maybe they've slowed down their releases of the older chestnuts but they continue to offer the odd nugget. Timeless' past releases truly were a philanthropic venture in a rapidly changing industry....

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
shoeshineboy said:
Isn't it time to recognize that Shout's takeover of Timeless hasn't been the complete disaster as the repetitive complaints seem to indicate?
If you are asking me, then the answer is a categorical, "No!" To the contrary, the takeover has had a terrible affect on what Timeless had been doing versus what we see now.

Gary "but as always, 'to each his own'" O.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
If you are asking me, then the answer is a categorical, "No!" To the contrary, the takeover has had a terrible affect on what Timeless had been doing versus what we see now.

Gary "but as always, 'to each his own'" O.

Ditto, all you have to do is look at the releases prior and post acquisition to know that their output has shrunken from a tidal wave, to a water hose.......With a kink in it.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
smithbrad said:
Glad to here you were able to pick it up. I hope you like it as much as I do. It has become one of my favorites of the Timeless western releases. Some like to pick on Pat Conway's acting ability, but to me he does just fine (he grew up in an "acting" family). What really works best for me is that he also grew up on a ranch and has the skills of a real cowboy and that adds greatly to his presence in the role. Enjoy.

Oh, BTW, regarding those bills, I'd be happy to forward on Gary's address through PM if you don't have it already. :)
Sometime after Brad's post above, but a follow up nonetheless: I have just started watching the third season and can say without equivocation that this is a fantastic series on every level. Like most ZIV shows, you can tell they took pride in delivering a quality production, exemplified by using great writers and directors and ensuring each episode plays like a mini feature film. With its forgotten status as just another 50's western and its relatively unknown lead actors, it's an easy series to overlook, but I knew going in that with ZIV behind it there was no doubt it was going to be a great, unfairly neglected show. And it has proven to be so. I've been watching an episode nearly every night for the past few months and have rarely been disappointed, so once again a big thanks to Brad and Gary for spurring me to get this one!

This Complete Series set seems to have disappeared after its Walmart run. Has anyone seen it anywhere besides the resale market where it's commanding very high prices?

If I had my way, every single ZIV series would be released.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Thanks for the reminder Glen. I shot through the first five disks pretty quickly but then backed off to try and make them last longer, which eventually led to watching other series. I think its time to pick this one back up and watch a few episodes tonight.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I'm just about finished with season one. I watch shows slowly because I alternate them with so many other shows I'm watching. I have something of a Weekly TV schedule but so many shows to watch that some are every other week and others once every 3 weeks. I agree this is a great and underrated show.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Randy Korstick said:
I'm just about finished with season one. I watch shows slowly because I alternate them with so many other shows I'm watching. I have something of a Weekly TV schedule but so many shows to watch that some are every other week and others once every 3 weeks. I agree this is a great and underrated show.
Hey Randy, I actually thought about you when I posted the last line in my earlier post. I was going to say, as loyal as Randy Korstick is to the Warner Archive, that's as loyal as I am to ZIV shows! I know you have unbridled enthusiasm for the WA and their releases, some of which I share, but you will rarely hear me say a bad word about a ZIV series. I just think they were done with such care for quality, in terms of content and execution, that they not only stand apart from many of their contemporary shows, they also stand the test of time even all these years later. Of course, there are a few I have yet to see so I can't make my statement without qualification, but of the ones I have seen, I'm sold!

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for thinking of me Glen.
I have only seen the ZIV shows that have been released on DVD but I like all of them so you can count me as a fan too.
I would blind buy more if they were released.
My WA loyalty stems from them releasing a lot of b-movies I like including a personal favorite The Bowery Boys plus all the Hanna Barbera material they release which I'm also a big fan of. All the TV shows they release are just gravy on top of that.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
Randy Korstick said:
I do the same thing .I'm currently watching about 25 old shows, The Lucy Show, My Mother The Car, Ripcord , Untouchables Rawhide, Petticoat Junction etc. Incidentally, I finished the last episode of Tombstone Territory today. Excellent series. Lets hope for more ZIV shows.

Silverking

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris Street
I would agree that 'Tombstone Territory' is a much underrated western series. I was able to obtain a complete series set thanks to a good friend in the States. Actually I have been pretty pleased with all the various ZIV series 'Mackenzies Raiders',' Highway Patrol', 'Harbour Command', 'Bat Masterson' & 'Sea Hunt'. What they lacked in scope they made up for in tight , straightforward story lines. The writers deserve credit for packing taut little stories into a bare 25 minutes. In particular 'Sea Hunt' where every week they were able to come up with something different on a premise that had limited options.Incidentally I noticed that a couple of HP episodes were written by actor Robert Shaw (Jaws).The only disappointment was the Lee Marvin 'Lawbreakers' set which didn't work for me.As mentioned, there are a whole host of other ZIV shows, 'Rough Riders' 'Dial 999 ' 'Harbormaster' 'New Adventures of Martin Kane'(set in London), 'Man Called X' 'Klondike'& many others. Some of these I have seen odd episodes of & they are up to the standard of the released stuff. Lets hope they don't remain locked in the vaults forever.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Silverking said:
I would agree that 'Tombstone Territory' is a much underrated western series. I was able to obtain a complete series set thanks to a good friend in the States. Actually I have been pretty pleased with all the various ZIV series 'Mackenzies Raiders',' Highway Patrol', 'Harbour Command', 'Bat Masterson' & 'Sea Hunt'. What they lacked in scope they made up for in tight , straightforward story lines. The writers deserve credit for packing taut little stories into a bare 25 minutes. In particular 'Sea Hunt' where every week they were able to come up with something different on a premise that had limited options.Incidentally I noticed that a couple of HP episodes were written by actor Robert Shaw (Jaws).The only disappointment was the Lee Marvin 'Lawbreakers' set which didn't work for me.As mentioned, there are a whole host of other ZIV shows, 'Rough Riders' 'Dial 999 ' 'Harbormaster' 'New Adventures of Martin Kane'(set in London), 'Man Called X' 'Klondike'& many others. Some of these I have seen odd episodes of & they are up to the standard of the released stuff. Lets hope they don't remain locked in the vaults forever.

This is an excellent summary of ZIV shows that mirrors my feelings as well. Lawbreakers is the only title from that company that really didn't do much for me.

I'd love Boston Blackie, Target, Waterfront, Doctor Christian and Everglades, just to name a few.

Gary "like Glen and others have already said, 'I'll take all the ZIV stuff I can get'" O.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
I have yet to see LAWBREAKERS, so can't comment on that one, but of all the ZIV shows I've seen the one I've had the most issues with is MEN INTO SPACE. The stories are so repetitive that you can't watch more than one per week at the most. It still has good elements to it and probably holds a lot of appeal for space buffs, but even though I like and appreciate the subject matter, dramatically it's kind of flat. I was disappointed because early in the 2000's, when I was actively collecting vintage board games based on TV series, I loved getting the one they made for MEN INTO SPACE and couldn't wait to see the show. Such as it is, I would not rank it as one of the top tier of ZIV offerings, especially compared to the ones mentioned by Silverking and Gary above.

I'm in for all the ones listed above and, of course, others like THE AQUANAUTS, MIAMI UNDERCOVER, THE MAN CALLED X, I LED THREE LIVES, THE CASE OF THE DANGEROUS ROBIN, etc. etc. Heck, I want EVERY ZIV show!

men+into+space+box.jpg

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Professor Echo said:
I'm in for all the ones listed above and, of course, others like THE AQUANAUTS, MIAMI UNDERCOVER, THE MAN CALLED X, I LED THREE LIVES, THE CASE OF THE DANGEROUS ROBIN, etc. etc. Heck, I want EVERY ZIV show!

men+into+space+box.jpg
Seconded! One I'd like to see is Annapolis, I liked the release of West Point, and would like to see it's "Sister Show" as well.

LouA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Antonicello
On the subject of ZIV shows don't forget Waterfront with Preston Foster, and the innovative Sci-fi show World Of Giants . But as someone mentioned it would be nice to have all of the ZIV shows released. Seems like there are enough fans to support such reissues.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks