Tombstone Territory Complete on 12/17

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by smithbrad, Dec 10, 2013.

1. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    I heard back from Timeless that the complete Tombstone Territory is planned for release at Walmart on 12/17. Hopefully, that means Sam's Club as well.

The oddity with TT is that of the three season the episode counts were 39, 12, and 40 respectively. After releasing season 1, I wondered how they would handle the next two season releases. Obviously, they decided it best to release as a complete package. Not the best news for us that already purchased season 1, but maybe the overall cost will be cheaper in the long run this way then if they released two more separate seasons. I just finished season 1 a few weeks back so I will be excited to get this and continue the story.

I don't know the price yet, but I will be looking for it in a week.

Gary OS likes this.
  2. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Great news! Thanks for that insider info, Brad.

Gary "I hope we see more from Timeless in 2014, but to be honest I'm not optimistic at this point" O.

3. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    Unfortunately, the only news I got on The Rebel was maybe in 2014. I would definitely like to acquire that one. The other option is a run on Encore again so we could get uncut episodes. I believe it ran on Encore at least once in the late 90's

4. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    This jives with my Timeless crystal ball info. Too bad, but it does look like things have really started drying up on their end.

Gary "like you, I'd have loved a Rebel release" O.

5. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Good news on Tombstone sort of a surprise release. A little surprised it wasn't just Season 2 and 3 but still happy its coming. I hope its not a Wallmart exclusive.

6. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    So far, no listing on Amazon.

7. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    How is this series never got the original release but I'm a sucker for 50's westerns

8. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

It was a blind buy for me and I enjoy it quite a bit. I would said it falls right in the middle for TV Westerns. Meaning there are better westerns but also worse. Not the best place for TV Western newbies to start but a treat for those who are already fans.

9. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    Personally, I like it a lot, and it received the benefit of better prints then many Timeless releases.

I would compare it to "Legend of Wyatt Earp" of with its style of story telling, intro music, and narration. Each episode states the stories are real based on facts from newspaper accounts. They even reference some common people of the time, like Doc Holliday. However, based on it being in Tombstone at around the same time as Wyatt this point seems somewhat mute. Regardless, I find it to be a very enjoyable show, and I finished all of season 1, and I'm ready for more.

The actor playing the sheriff "Clay" was apparently a real cowboy and so he pulls off the aspects of the character very well. He carries himself well and rides well. It reminds me a bit of the Range Rider where you have an actor (ex-stunt man in that case) playing a lead that needs no stunt double.

Another thing I found interesting was some overhead shots from what would seem to be shot by helicopter during rides out of time and across country. They aren't frequent, maybe once every couple of episode, but a nice touch I don't recall seeing often in older western TV shows.

10. smithbrad

smithbrad Screenwriter

Brad
    Randy makes a good point it wouldn't be compared to Gunsmoke, Bonanza, Virginian, Wagon Train, Big Valley, or any westerns of that stature. So for casual or newbie western fans it might not cut it. I think it is a strong middle of the pack western like Wyatt Earp, Restless Gun, and Bat Masterson. Since you say you are a "sucker" for 50's westerns, it might fit your criteria. It did mine.

Gary OS likes this.
  11. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    I agree. It's a very solid B+ type western series. Definitely better than many of the other lesser westerns that have also seen releases from Timeless.

Gary "guess I'm classified as a sucker for these 50's westerns" O. :D

12. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Well I enjoyed The Deputy and Wells Fargo..

13. Darby67

Darby67 Supporting Actor

Sean
    Brad and Gary:

Thanks for the confirmation that there is still some hope for a complete series release of The Rebel. I really hope this one comes in 2014.

Darby

Gary OS likes this.
  14. phenri

phenri Second Unit

Paul
    If Timeless comes through with the complete Tombstone Territory and The Rebel, my needs from them will be fulfilled. The Rebel is one of my most wanted series.

15. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Nothing at my local Sam's Club or Walmart this morning. Perhaps others will have better luck.

Gary "waited until about 9:30 AM to check, giving time for stock to be put out - but nothing" O.

16. Lee Smith

Lee Smith Stunt Coordinator

Lee F. Smith
    I just checked walmart.com and it only shows the 1st season

Richard V likes this.
  17. Richard V

Richard V Cinematographer

Richard
    What he said.

18. oldtvshowbuff

oldtvshowbuff Second Unit

James Beer
    I just picked up Tombstone Territory today at Walmart, and its the complete series indeed! I visited three Walmarts, the first two didn't have them in stock, but the third store had two sets, so I snapped one up!

Gary OS likes this.
  19. Lee Smith

Lee Smith Stunt Coordinator

Lee F. Smith
    Great. Tomorrow will be a field trip. There are five Walmarts near-by.

20. Gary OS

Gary OS Producer

Gary
    Okay, now you've got me interested again! A field trip upcoming for me too. BTW, if you don't mind me asking, what was the price?

Gary "good news" O.