What's new

Tombstone Territory Complete on 12/17 (2 Viewers)

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Struck out again today. Checked two Walmarts and the Sam's Club once more in hopes of finding a copy. No luck. :(

Gary "may have to wait till it has a wider distribution" O.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Gary OS said:
Struck out again today. Checked two Walmarts and the Sam's Club once more in hopes of finding a copy. No luck. :(

Gary "may have to wait till it has a wider distribution" O.

Lee Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Lee F. Smith
No luck here in Colorado. I guess I'll have to wait a little while. Once I have the final two seasons of TT, I'll only have one 50s western left, Zane Grey Theater.

Kruzer31

Agent
Real Name
Doug
My Walmart had 3 copies, The cost was $19.96 before sales tax. Really a great price for the complete series.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
That is a great price. How many discs was it?
Makes me not so upset that I already bought Season 1 because thats about the best price I hoped to get a Season 2 and 3 set for. Now I just have to locate one at a Walmart store which is never an easy task.

Kruzer31 said:
My Walmart had 3 copies, The cost was $19.96 before sales tax. Really a great price for the complete series.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Does anyone know if this is a Walmart exclusive? I saw three copies there today, but passed hoping for a cheaper price somewhere down the line. But is it possible it will never be sold anywhere else?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Professor Echo said:
Does anyone know if this is a Walmart exclusive? I saw three copies there today, but passed hoping for a cheaper price somewhere down the line. But is it possible it will never be sold anywhere else?
It looks to be a Walmart exclusive for the time being. I would imagine it will eventually get a wider distribution. The retail price is set at $30 (cheaper than I expected), so Walmart has discounted it by 33% as it is. To me, $20 for a 10 disk set of 91 episodes is pretty darn good right now. However, I suppose it could get even cheaper at some point.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Thanks, Brad. I just don't think I have the money right now, but I would hate to miss out on it. I've been lucky to get almost all my Timeless releases for less than $20, even M SQUAD. Patience has paid off, but if Gary thinks Timeless is fading away, a release like this may not be around much to ever reach discount levels.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Without actually researching, I'm of the opinion that this is a pretty good deal. 10 discs for $20 (plus tax). The other more recent Timeless releases seem to always go for at least that much, and they are usually 6 or so discs. But, as Brad pointed out, it's always possible that the price could get a lot lower.

Gary "the key, as you mentioned Glen, is whether or not this eventually gets a wider release - a question I don't have an answer to right now" O.

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
I bought my TT complete series set a couple of weeks back at Walmart in Hudson WI, and the same store once again has a couple of TT sets there today. Nearby at Mills' Fleet Farm, they were selling season sets of Wagon Train and The Virginian for $30 each, when I checked them out last week, so I say get some of that Timeless stuff before they disappear!

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Absolutley no luck here in San Antonio, have checked 3 Walmarts, nothing.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
Gary OS said:
Without actually researching, I'm of the opinion that this is a pretty good deal. 10 discs for $20 (plus tax). The other more recent Timeless releases seem to always go for at least that much, and they are usually 6 or so discs. But, as Brad pointed out, it's always possible that the price could get a lot lower.Gary "the key, as you mentioned Glen, is whether or not this eventually gets a wider release - a question I don't have an answer to right now" O.
Gary, thanks to you and Brad I decided to get off the fence and pick this up. I'm also of the opinion that these Timeless releases are going to get tougher and tougher to find, especially for halfway decent prices. In fact, I was so inspired by you guys that I picked up THE TALL MAN used for the same price I paid for TOMBSTONE, $22 shipped. I've heard good things about the series and the cheapest I've ever seen it has been $25. Anyway, I'll send you guys the bills. ;-)

RBailey

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John Hall
I can also highly recommend the Timeless release of HARBOR COMMAND. Quality is top-notch and lots of great L.A. location work. I'd love to see Timeless release the Ziv-produced BOSTON BLACKIE series; a virtual location tour of the Los Angeles of the early '50s.

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Professor Echo said:
Gary, thanks to you and Brad I decided to get off the fence and pick this up. I'm also of the opinion that these Timeless releases are going to get tougher and tougher to find, especially for halfway decent prices. In fact, I was so inspired by you guys that I picked up THE TALL MAN used for the same price I paid for TOMBSTONE, $22 shipped. I've heard good things about the series and the cheapest I've ever seen it has been $25. Anyway, I'll send you guys the bills. ;-)
Glad to here you were able to pick it up. I hope you like it as much as I do. It has become one of my favorites of the Timeless western releases. Some like to pick on Pat Conway's acting ability, but to me he does just fine (he grew up in an "acting" family). What really works best for me is that he also grew up on a ranch and has the skills of a real cowboy and that adds greatly to his presence in the role. Enjoy.

Oh, BTW, regarding those bills, I'd be happy to forward on Gary's address through PM if you don't have it already. :)

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Have only one gripe about TT. Just don't like Pat Conway's costume, just doesn't look right.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I was at Walmart today to pick up some prescriptions. The line at the pharmacy was so long I decided to search for a copy of the set. I did manage to find one in their horribly disorganized video department. I had actually given up and was leaving when I saw it out of the corner of my eye. $21.61 seems like a great price for a show I used to watch in reruns as a kid.

Dan McW

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
David_B_K said:
I did manage to find one in their horribly disorganized video department.
I found my copy among the drama movies, and it was out of alphabetical order in that section. I too had about given up the search when I spotted it.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I only go to this particular Wal-Mart for the Pharmacy, or maybe for Xmas lights and stuff. I could discern no rhyme or reason to the video section. Racks contained DVDs mixed with Blu-rays. I found a rack with some Bat Masterson sets and other shows, and expected to find it there; but no. The section where I found it did have some other shows (I saw Sea Hunt); but mainly looked like DVD movies. Still can't believe I glimpsed the set just as I was turning away and muttering "aw to hell with it..."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks