What's new

Tivo Vs. TWC DVR Review (1 Viewer)

TaylorSmith

Auditioning
So,
I'm currently in a situation that many can only hope for. I currently have a DirecTivo AND TWC DVR. I got the Time warner DVR b/c they had a crazy good deal to switch from sattelite to cable. So good in fact, that I could get an HD box with my DVR(2 seperate boxes) and even though they dont work together, i'll have HD for WAY cheaper than i would through DirecTV. Since I can't afford (and they aren't out) the HD DirecTivo, i figured i'd give it a try.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I'll be keeping the TWC-DVR and HD Box. Yea, you're saying "YOU'RE CRAZY! IT'S HD" I have a reason.

Tivo is an addiction.

That's right, I'm addicted to Tivo.

Tivo has the superior interface, functionality, and over look between the 2. There's not much more to say. These are the most important things in a DVR. Tivo is easy to navigate around in, it has a MUCH better program searching capability and just works better. I don't think I found one thing I liked in the TWC DVR. I hope they improve on this in the very near future.

I'd like to hear all of your opinions on this, and let me know if, like me, you'll probably be willing to shell out the $1000 for the new HD Tivo coming out in the next few months. B/c I'll be totally honest, It looks like I'll be sticking with Tivo and DirecTV unless TWC can come up with a much better functioning HD DVR.

Tino_W

Auditioning
what where some of the things wrong with the TWC DVR??? from what i hear tivo and the dvr do pretty much the same things?

TaylorSmith

Auditioning
The interface of the TIVO is MUCH easier to work with. The searching capabilities are endlessly better and you can add more room to the TIVO's if you want. Overall TIVO's just "prettier" and easier to use than the TWC DVR.

Although, I did just switch back to cable b/c of the new HD DVR's coming out. I can't afford 1000 for an HDTIVO as much as I want too.

I'll put a review on here once I get it in the next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks