What's new

Pre-Order Thrillers from The Vault: 8 Films (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
81s0hXJEu-L._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I don't think I have seen any of these films. I've always wanted to see The Return of the Vampire.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
From Mill Creek, but at least they're using 4 discs for 8 films (according to the spine of the pic), so I'd think compression should be OK.

1666707121865.png

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The Sci fi box set is Underwhelming!! The only title not currently on BD is the Lou Costello's 30 Foot Bride of Candy Rock!! And it should just have had it's own seperate release...any other specs or 4k restorations on this box set or...?

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I will be getting this one for sure. I don't own any of them on Blu Ray and have only seen Return of the Vampire and The Black Room. I'm glad I never bought Scream Factory's very expensive release of Return of the Vampire.

JimMiller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Miller
Very few times in my life have my expectations really been met. Unfortunately, this is one of those times. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by "The Return Of The Vampire" and "The Devil Commands", the movies I have viewed, as of now. Speckles, lines, density fluctuations, middling black levels, etc. are all on display. I did not see (so far) the macro-blocking artifacts that have been reported on the sci-fi set. I had hopes at the beginning of "The Devil Commands". The first 10 minutes or so looked pretty good and then things deteriorated. Are they watchable, yes, but not as good as they could be. At a bit less than $4.50 a film, I probably shouldn't complain so much. I wanted to enjoy again these films I loved so much as a child. I still enjoyed them, but saw a lot of missed opportunities here. I'll await full reviews by people with more reviewing expertise than myself.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Very few times in my life have my expectations really been met. Unfortunately, this is one of those times. I was thoroughly underwhelmed by "The Return Of The Vampire" and "The Devil Commands", the movies I have viewed, as of now. Speckles, lines, density fluctuations, middling black levels, etc. are all on display. I did not see (so far) the macro-blocking artifacts that have been reported on the sci-fi set. I had hopes at the beginning of "The Devil Commands". The first 10 minutes or so looked pretty good and then things deteriorated. Are they watchable, yes, but not as good as they could be. At a bit less than $4.50 a film, I probably shouldn't complain so much. I wanted to enjoy again these films I loved so much as a child. I still enjoyed them, but saw a lot of missed opportunities here. I'll await full reviews by people with more reviewing expertise than myself.
Just be thankful you didn't pay Screams price of $22-25 for Return of the Vampire alone using the same transfer. Considering that these are all small b programmers, and none really considered classics I wasn't expecting anything major for these just a slight upgrade over the DVD's and probably only worth it if you don't already own the DVD's.

JimMiller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim Miller
Just be thankful you didn't pay Screams price of $22-25 for Return of the Vampire alone using the same transfer. Considering that these are all small b programmers, and none really considered classics I wasn't expecting anything major for these just a slight upgrade over the DVD's and probably only worth it if you don't already own the DVD's.
I just watched "The Man They Could Not Hang" and, overall, it looked pretty good. For "TROTV", t1g3r5fan gave it a pretty good review here and I wonder if the Scream Factory took more care with the transfer.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
I just watched "The Man They Could Not Hang" and, overall, it looked pretty good. For "TROTV", t1g3r5fan gave it a pretty good review here and I wonder if the Scream Factory took more care with the transfer.
Probably a little bit but it wouldn't correct print damage and that's definitely not worth $22 a film vs. $35 for 8 films.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks