What's new

Pre-Order Peter Falk 4-Film Comedy Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71P-uvDIq1L._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This is a rather surprising release.

For many years, whenever there was a discussion regarding the BD release of "Murder By Death" (which finally happened), there was always someone who would mention THE CHEAP DETECTIVE.

Well...it finally happened!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've watched The Cheap Detective twice on Prime in the last month or so. I still much prefer Murder by Death, but it's still fun trying to find all of the allusions to Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, etc.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
I saw The Cheap Detective on television when I was about 12 or 13 and the only thing I remember about it is Ann-Margret, who clearly left quite an impression on me at that age.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
I'm one of those people and I'm thrilled!! :)
Things about this title brough anoer comedy homage title to mind "Johnny Dangerously". Wat the Chep Detective did for the Detective genre, JD did for the Ganster/Priest movies of that same era. Still in need of a BD release...

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Things about this title brough anoer comedy homage title to mind "Johnny Dangerously". Wat the Chep Detective did for the Detective genre, JD did for the Ganster/Priest movies of that same era. Still in need of a BD release...

The only thing I remember about JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY is Joe Piscopo saying "Once!" (And I managed the theater it played in, so I saw it a lot). If only Peter Falk has been in it.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'm one of those people and I'm thrilled!! :)

I am actually very happy for all of you that wanted this film on BD and here it is.

I have to get around to actually watching this. Is it streaming for free on Prime?

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The only thing I remember about JOHNNY DANGEROUSLY is Joe Piscopo saying "Once!" (And I managed the theater it played in, so I saw it a lot). If only Peter Falk has been in it.
Amazing, everybody else was!!! ;)

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
I am actually very happy for all of you that wanted this film on BD and here it is.

I have to get around to actually watching this. Is it streaming for free on Prime?

It is!

While it never reaches the classic heights of Murder by Death, it has some great moments in it and the whole thing is so silly and good natured it's really hard not to like it. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
IMG_1921.jpeg

Enjoyed watching this.

As the film credits began, I was amazed at the cast. A "Whose Who" ensemble of the greatest comic actors of that era.

There's even a very young James Cromwell.

The writing is excellent. A lot of really good jokes. Doesn't surprise me as this is one of many legendary comedies that was penned by Neil Simon and produced by Ray Stark.

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
I received an email today from Amazon that this title was cancelled due to unavailability. Even though it still shows as to be delivered today. Anyone else revived this notice?

Last edited:

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have Big Trouble on digital.
Cheap Detective is fun but falls a little flat for me now.

Never heard of the other two.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks