What's new

Pre-Order Requiem for a Heavyweight (1962) (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71ksvfxgp7L._SL1500_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. As an Amazon Associate, HTF earns from qualifying purchases. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Ah! To the best of my knowledge, this film has been missing in action for ages. I've never seen it and during the period when I frequented repertory cinemas - i.e. before VHS, DVD and home theatre - I never found anywhere showing this film. I very much hope this disc comes off a good transfer and I'm now waiting for a review from someone with an informed perspective.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ah! To the best of my knowledge, this film has been missing in action for ages. I've never seen it and during the period when I frequented repertory cinemas - i.e. before VHS, DVD and home theatre - I never found anywhere showing this film. I very much hope this disc comes off a good transfer and I'm now waiting for a review from someone with an informed perspective.
Yes, it's as hard-hitting as its original television counterpart with an even more cynical, downbeat ending. Quinn is, as usual, wonderful.
I bought the Vudu HD Digital last year, but will definitely be purchasing this Mill Creek Blu-ray. A fine film!

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry

Sony had released it on DVD back in the early-to-mid 00s. And Mill Creek had it headlining a triple-feature boxing films DVD not all that long ago. I don't have either of those DVDs, so I'm looking forward to this.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
The DVD looked quite nice so the HD transfer should look decent too. I'll probably upgrade.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Oh, thank you, Mill Creek! Been waiting for years on this one. How about THE BEDFORD INCIDENT next?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Amazon cancelled my preorder, so I had to order it from DD which shipped out my copy less than 24 hours after ordering it.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
A wonderful film with great performances and direction and a great score by Laurence Rosenthal. I saw this a couple of months before it came out at a major studio preview - then saw it about six more times once it came out. Began its run on October 17, 1962. The Stanley Warner Beverly Hills was a stunning theater - Lawrence of Arabia played there.

Attachments

• The_Los_Angeles_Times_Wed__Oct_17__1962_.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 24

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks