What's new

t1g3r5fan

Reviewer
Real Name
Mychal Bowden
Beginning his film career working on documentaries in his native Poland, director Krzysztof Kieslowski made his first non-documentary feature film debut in 1975 with the TV feature Personnel. However, he came onto the international radar with The Decalogue (Dekalog) (1988), a film cycle of 10 short films nominally based on the Ten Commandments and achieved greater international success with The Double Life of Veronique (1991). It was the commercial success of the latter that allowed Kieslowski to fund and make the crowning achievement of his cinematic career: a trilogy of films exploring the virtues symbolized by the colors of the flag of France. Previously released by Criterion in 2011 on both Blu-ray and DVD, the label has revisited the landmark trilogy for its UHD Blu-ray debut.

Three Colors: Red (1994)

Released: 23 Nov 1994
Rated: R
Runtime: 99 min

Director: Krzysztof Kieslowski...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
I think I will just hold on to my “solid” blu-rays as there is just too much to purchase these days especially after the most recent Criterion announcement.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
Has anyone bought the UK UHD release?
What is better, that one or the Criterion?
I think I had seen some comparisons at the other forum where the Curzon one was better, but I can't find it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks