What's new

Pre-Order The Untouchables (1987) (4k UHD ) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

DIRECTOR BRIAN DE PALMA’S CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED CLASSIC
CELEBRATES ITS 35TH ANNIVERSARY ON 4K ULTRA HD FOR THE FIRST TIME

81sfTesksUL._SX522_.jpg

image002.jpg

Kevin Costner, Sean Connery and Robert De Niro Star in the Must-See Crime-Drama,
Debuting on 4K Ultra HD May 31, 2022

Directed by Brian De Palma and nominated* for four Academy Awards®, the acclaimed drama THE UNTOUCHABLES makes its 4K Ultra HD debut on May 31, 2022 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released on June 3, 1987, THE UNTOUCHABLES celebrates its 35th anniversary this year and remains a must-see masterpiece featuring visionary filmmaking and exceptional performances from an outstanding cast. Robert De Niro as mob warlord Al Capone and Kevin Costner as law enforcer Eliot Ness are unforgettable in a glorious, fierce, larger-than-life depiction of good versus evil on the streets of Prohibition-era Chicago.

Sean Connery won his only Oscar® for his portrayal of veteran officer Jimmy Malone in the blockbuster hit that was the fourth highest grossing film of 1987. Written by David Mamet, THE UNTOUCHABLES also boasts a Grammy Award-winning score by the legendary Ennio Morricone and an excellent supporting cast including Patricia Clarkson, Andy Garcia, and Charles Martin Smith.

THE UNTOUCHABLES will be available on 4K Ultra HD and in a 4K Ultra HD 35th Anniversary SteelBook® with a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack** and access to a Digital copy of the film. The discs also include over an hour of legacy bonus content in high definition as detailed below:

• The Script, The Cast
  • Production Stories
  • Re-Inventing the Genre
  • The Classic
  • Original Featurette: “The Men”
  • Theatrical Trailer

THE UNTOUCHABLES

Street Date: May 31, 2022

U.S. Rating: R

HDR: HDR-10 & Dolby Vision®

Aspect Ratio: 2.40:1

Sound: Dolby Atmos®

*1988, Winner: Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Sean Connery); Nominations: Best Art Direction – Set Decoration, Best Costume Design, Best Music, Original Score

** To experience Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos at home, compatible devices are required; 4K Ultra HD and Dolby Vision are available at select digital retailers.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Neil S. Bulk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil S. Bulk

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
I don't generally want/like steelbooks, but that one certainly looks much better than the lame cover art for the standard release...

_Man_

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Am I the only that doesn't give a damn about cover art?

It doesn't affect my purchase decision one iota

However, on a discussion forum such as this, it does tend to become a popular topic when people feel the studio did a bad job with the artwork.

• Agreed
Reactions: PMF

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Am I the only that doesn't give a damn about cover art?

Nope. It’s great when the cover art is something I actually like but I don’t really care anymore. The vast majority of my discs are in plastic bins and the ones on the shelf have the spines facing out. If two editions of the same disc came out at the same time and the better cover art cost more, I wouldn’t pay it.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
What is up with that lame cover art, Paramount? Sheesh.
Yeah just like "Ordinary People". But the truth of it is I don't care. I'm the only one that views them anyway. Pretty depressing when I think about it.

This is by far my favorite film from Brian Depalma. Day one!

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
It doesn't affect my purchase decision one iota
hehe, on the contrary I haven't purchased films I want because I don't like the artwork and wait in case a newer edition comes along (or 4K) with better one.
That said, I like the steelbook art but I haven't seen this movie so I'm not blindly buying.

albert_m2

Second Unit
Real Name
Albert
Any cover art is better than the photo shopped badge version.

I do hope a new blu ray version is also released.

seangood79

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
They wouldn't intentionally design lousy cover art to influence people to spend an extra $5 on the steelbook that's sitting on the same shelf at Best Buy.
They wouldn't really do that would they?

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Bad cover art is always a disappointment, especially if it is for a film I want to include in my library. I'm of the opinion that cover art should almost always utilize the movie's poster artwork, especially on a steelbook. I miss the days of DVD when the disc's package mattered and was part of the whole presentation. Blu-ray got away from that in a big way, and cover art was an afterthought. UHD 4k has been better, but not at the level DVD was in terms of thoughtful presentation.

I was going to get the Untouchables steelbook anyway, but that artwork cinched it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks