What's new

The Thing (1 Viewer)

Eric Bass

Second Unit
Looks like they're making a Resident Evil style game out of John Carpenter's The Thing. Gamespot has some minimal info about it and it's current release date is 3Q 2002. Anyone else have any info about this?

Richard_T

Second Unit
I have no info on this but, being that it's my favorite Si-Fi film ever made, I'd love to see it turned ito a great game. How it would work in a Resident Evil type enviroment, I'm not too sure though. I would be very interested in seeing it happen.

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
i saw a video of this not too long ago (was it on IGN, i cant remember) and it looks great so far. Im pretty sure its coming for all the major consoles, but I know that its coming for Xbox and PS2 to say the least.

the video looked creepy, and I believe the game takes place after the movie leaves off. WHich should make for an interesting story line...

did MacReedy really get infected, etc?

This game is definitely on my "cant wait" list..and i believe it has a 4th qtr release date pending.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Somewhat "on topic": if you guys get the chance, buy the Universal Collectors Edition DVD of this movie.
It's an outstanding DVD and the best treatment this movie's ever been given. The "making of" is on par with the making of The Abyss, as far as detail and overall quality is concerned. Well, imho. :)
And, this game looks to be pretty damn cool too, at this point. Definitely one to keep an eye on during production.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks