Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough has published a new article.

The Sum of Us Blu-ray Review

sumoustop-150x150.jpg

Actor Russell Crowe showed filmgoers versatility early in his career by playing a nasty, vindictive neo-Nazi skinhead in Romper Stomper and...
Continue reading the original article.

john a hunter

Screenwriter
Just after this was released here in Australia, Russell was looking to buy a new house for his parents and visited the house that my older friend Geof was selling in a Sydney suburb.
Geof, after just seeing this film, was well and truly smitten with Mr Crowe and although he did not buy, he spent a good few hours chatting to Geof over coffee.
Needless to say,it made Geof's day( or year)
That was really nice of him to do and that despite all the things you read about him, I hope he hasn't changed that much.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
This was my introduction to Russel Crowe and the film made me a fan of his for life. He really is a talented and versatile actor (his singing in Les Mis notwithstanding).

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Thanks Matt!

This film has always been a favorite because it was not about a bunch of young guys in the city (There nothing wrong with that, but it has been done to death.); It is about a fella and his dad both wanting the other to be happy with their lives. Yes, we can make our chosen families when our biological ones prove to be toxic to our well-being as open LGBT folks, but it was great to see a film about a father and son where the biggest issue is that dad might be a bit too overeager to prove to his son he support him, which continues to be too rare for LGBT films.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Thanks Matt!

This film has always been a favorite because it was not about a bunch of young guys in the city (nothing wrong with that, but it has been done to death.) it is about a fella and his dad both wanting the other to be happy with their lives. Yes, we can make our chosen families when our biological ones prove to be toxic, but it was great to see a film about a father and son, which continues to be too rare for LGBT films.
I could not agree more. The general lack of angst in the movie was so refreshing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks