What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Shield: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
The Wire is just so real and they have taken the time to develop the characters of both the bad and good guys.

The Shield is more like very good entertainment, but you always know that it is TV. Good TV but still TV.

You don't have to suspend belief (at least I don't) when watching the Wire.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Really looking forward to the season premiere tomorrow night. Just read a review over at AVS from someone who has seen the first few episodes of S6 and they said the show is still at the top of its game(especially the performances of Chiklis and Whitaker). Sounds like the show is still in top form. :emoji_thumbsup:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I picked up the S5 DVDs last week and just finished rewatching the episodes and, goddamm, was that a good year! I knew they were great episodes but seeing them again, I was struck by how amazing Chiklis, Whitaker, Walton Goggins and Kenneth Johnson performances all were.

Here's to Season Six and don't forget to check out that S6 prequel. :)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, S5 was absolutely brilliant and one of my favorite overall seasons of the show. I think Whitaker added a major presence to the cast(much more than Glenn Close the season before) and I'm sure he'll be just as great this year. On top of that, I'm betting Chiklis will be extra intense due to the events that took place in last season's finale. This season is gonna kick ass!

Spero D

Second Unit
For me it was the other way around. I preferred Glenn Close to Whitaker though both are great in their roles.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I used to go with Season Four as the better year becasue of Glenn Close and Anthony Anderson (who always seems to get lost in the shuffle but was awesome on the show) but I have to say that after rewatching S5, I'd call it a tie between the two.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Last night's episode was a good start to the year. Kavanaugh has really gone over the edge. No doubt, he believes that the ends justify the means though. I can't wait to see him get brought down (even if Mackey is a bad guy :) ).

All the stuff with Shane and his guilt was pretty good too.

I'm glad that Dutch and Claudette have some serious doubts about Kavanaugh's story. Maybe Dutch will be the guy to that inadvertantly saves Vic's butt from Kavanaugh.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Great start to season 6. Dutch Boy asking to look at the highway video where Kavanaugh supposedly picked up the informant shows he's not too sure about any of this. Kavanaugh has definitely gone off the deep end.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This season feels like it's going to be the most clausterphobic of them all for Vic, and Cleetus. Bring it on!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
"The Wire is just so real and they have taken the time to develop the characters of both the bad and good guys."

Yea you watch a few episodes back to back and see how it comes together. The Wire is really a great show.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Great start, lots to work with so quickly, and tension that drips off the TV set. Seems like they also are pushing the limits of TV standards even more this season with the language and lovely crime scene at the conclusion. Still not a more engaging, well-acted and gut twisting show on TV, IMHO.

WillG

Senior HTF Member

Yes, Vic has essentially turned Kavanaugh into him. It will be intersting how far he goes. I liked Shane's reaction when it was revealed that he killed Lem pretty much for nothing based on Kavanaugh and Aceveda's lie.

Kind of sad to see Lem's memory being pissed on by the press and Aceveda, I guess, although, he was clearly the most moral of the strike team, he really wasn't entiely clean either.

Todd H

Go Dawgs!
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd
Anybody else think Kavanaugh will meet his demise this season? People that cross Vic usually end up dead.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Great start to the season. This show just keeps getting better and better. I'd figured the dynamic between Vic and Kavanaugh was going to be tense this year and they certainly delivered on that in the opener. Can't wait to see how it all plays out. :emoji_thumbsup:

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show so much.

I love how they repeatedly set up these situations were it looks like Vic is going down and there is no possible way out of it, then everything gets flipped around and he survives somehow -- and it all feels completely believable.

Like right now, Kavanaugh has gone so far as to plant evidence in Vic's apartment and I assume he's now getting a search warrant (or already has one) to search and "find" this incriminating evidence. How the hell is Vic going to get out of this one? I can't wait to see. Seems like they're setting up Dutch as Kavanagh's foil, and Dutch is ten times the detective Kavanaugh is. I agree Kavanuagh is going to wind up in jail for this.

The scene with the gasoline and the baby in the Methadone clinic -- tension doesn't get any more intense than that on television. I get the feeling Shane has so much guilt over Lem that he has lost the will to live.

Best writing on television. Why isn't this show as popular as The Sopranos? It kicks its ass in every way.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
I have a feeling Vic's apartment has CCTV on it.. and he is going to nail Forrest.....

Man it is going to be a good season...

And what the hell with the murder scene... good lord!

I also agree I think Shane is going to crack or loose it...

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator
Didn't get a chance to watch the premiere until last night, but that was an amazing episode. I loved Vic's/Kavanaugh's conversation when Vic showed up at his front door. Somehow or another, I think Vic's going to get revenge on Kavanaugh (especially after finding out that Kavanaugh has planted the evidence in his apartment.) Like others, I'm wondering how Vic is going to get out of it though ...... it's going to be hard to refute all that physical evidence unless he can break Emolia's story (or somehow prove Kavanaugh planted it all.)

I loved Walt Goggin's performance after finding out that Lem hadn't betrayed them ... he just appeared totally devastated and seems like he can't quite live with the guilt of it. It should be interesting to see how it plays out over the course of the rest of the season.

Everlasting Gobstopper

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mark
I'm surprised nobody's brought up the gunshot sound effect that came up over the end credits. Any ideas as to what that was about?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks