What's new

The Shield: Season Six (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Thank goodness "The Shield" is coming back. I've been in withdrawls ever since the end of season 5 and I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to return. This is awesome news! :emoji_thumbsup:

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Good to hear, but man they're really milking it. I'm curious where they can go with the story beyond these 10 episodes.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I just said I was curious and I have my doubts. Hopefully the writers are good enough to come up with a new story arc to hold interest for an additional 13 episodes.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter

This is the last 10 episodes of the series... I think the last 10 are going to do with the down fall of the strike team and vic finding out who killed lem..

R~

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
According to that article (and everything I've heard) there will be an additional 13 episodes in 2008 (season 7) after these 10.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there will be another season after this one and I, for one, am looking forward to as much Shield as we can get since it's one of the few great shows left on TV.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

That's interesting because I tried watching The Wire several times and was absolutely bored to tears with every episode. I keep hearing how great the show is, but from what I saw it's nowhere near as gripping as The Shield. Different strokes, right?

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, I love both The Wire and The Shield. But they're *very* different shows.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Yeah, I like both shows as well but for my money there has never been a better season of any TV show than the last season of 'The Wire'. But as Philip said, they are very different shows.

Robert A. Willis Jr.

Second Unit
I know and I am happy they they are not running concurrently. As long as I don't have to compare them on a weekly basis, I am sure that I will be happy.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I felt that way after I discovered The Wire as well. I just couldn't get back into The Shield for many months... I eventually clenched my teeth and finished S3. Now S4 was awesome. S5... was less so. I thought it was too focused on the IA stuff and too serialized. Weird complaint for me since I generally favor story arcs over stand alones, but this show was good at blending both before S5, IMO.

--
H

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I absolutely loved season 5 and all the IA stuff. My biggest gripe with The Shield has always been some of the weak one and done cases you have to endure. I love all of the season long arcs like the money train, Antwon, IA stuff, etc).

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Yes, and Forrest Whitaker was absolutely AWESOME in his role. I thought he was a much better "guest star" for a season than Glenn Close was in season 4.

MikeMO

Stunt Coordinator
Why did watching The Wire make you less interested in The Shield? I haven't seen the Wire, so I don't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks