What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The Shield, season 3 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

I'm not one for predictions, but I think we may find that Cassidy has more reasons to want this guy to "go away" than meets the eye. I predict this guy is the "honorable teacher of the disabled, endear himself the the newly separated wife just to get at the little girl" type. Remember, Cassidy did not want to leave Vic and obviously had a problem she did not want to tell him about.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Great episode.... I have to agree that acevedas character has been awsome dealing with the rape..... Can't wait to see what happens in next week episode...

I am also glad they picked it up for a forth season! Man I can't get enough of this show!!!

R~

Duane R

Second Unit
Methinks that Shane's girl and future mother-in-law may disappear before too long--especially if Vic gets wind of what happened to the 7K...

Blu

Screenwriter

Wouldn't it be a kick if this was Dutch's rapist he has been hunting?

But more than likely he is going to or has molested Cassidy.
If this happens and Vic finds out, I don't think we have seen the rage he is capable of yet in that situation.

Tony_La

Stunt Coordinator

Wow, hadn't thought of that, very interesting idea. Vic would go off the deep end. I see slow and painful torture ... I don't see death though, having a child rapist and murderer in prison would put more pain one him, and I'm sure Vic knows a few choice people in there. Season finale?

Gregg Shiu

Second Unit
Real Name
Gregg Shiu
Wow, tonite's episode was just awesome. Diego has a problem with locking the doors when he's doing his thing. Dutch and Claudette finally catch the rapist/murderer. Aceveda hunts down the guys who did him wrong. It was cool that Aceveda has been doing some serious thinking and research on Juan so he could completely shut him down.

Dutch: "I got 98." :D

Here's something my friend brought up which could be crucial, has anyone considered yet that maybe Lara and her mom are con artists? Even though Vic and the guys have a new potential scapegoat and eliminated all their marked money, the posibility of Shane being devastated could be huge. Speaking of which, seems like Shane's lady sure does a lousy job of selling real estate, she has been living off him for a while now, huh?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Yup, overall a good conclusion to Acevada's shame/storyline. He appears to have gotten his balls back.

And I wasn't as annoyed by Rebecca Pidgeon as I usually am, then again, she wasn't repeating every line of dialogue like she does when she's in one of her husband's films.

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
I also think Shane's girlfriend is a scam artist all the way. He will be faced with a decision by the end of this season picking between her and his career (and life).

Was also surprised at how fast the Acevada issue came to a resolution - although I guess there is still room for more since the guy is still alive. Loved how Acevada called him on how he downloaded the picture from the cell phone - the guy looked so lost.

Best line was when Acevada said he had been "trying to find the courage over the last three weeks NOT to kill him".

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Im not so sure if Shane's GF is a con artist or not. If she is, why didn't she take all the money and split when she had the chance? Vic is right though, her mom is poison. So she figures out that 2% of $600,000 is more than $7,000 and figures she is entitled to the rest of it???? Somethings not quite right here. If it comes down to Shane's GF being in on some kinda scam with her mom, I will go back to my 1st point mentioned above on why didn't already take it all when she had the chance. All I know is that the annoyance factor I have with Shane's GF just doubled by introducing her mom. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I love how Vic and the other guys moved the money and wouldn't tell Shane where.
I was alright with the Acevado storyline, but part of me wanted to see him take out Juan. Good episode all in all though.

Travis Hedger

Supporting Actor
GRRR The DirecTV feed screwed up at the end and went to a half ass soloflex commercial and instead of going right back to the show it let the commercial play out and picked up at the hallway when Shane was talking to the woman and her mom...I have no idea what was said!!!! It totally killed the pace. I set the Tivo to record the next showing so hopefully DirecTV doesn't screw up again.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

Yeah, I actually said out loud "What?!" while I was watching. Luckily I had paused for about 45 minutes and just fast-forwarded to the 11:00 airing, and it was fine there.

I hate Bowflex.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor
Nothing much. It cut off right as Dutch was dragging the rapist past his wife. The wife kept saying how it couldn't be true, the rapist got out the door and told her to calm down, and they hauled him off.

Shane's fiance and her mother show up at the station and tell Shane that a U.S. Treasury agent left a message on the mother's answering machine saying that he needed to meet with her, and the show comes back at Shane relaying that to Vic.

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
Anyone notice the quick visual of the jism on the dead old lady's stomach? That has to be a first for basic cable, right?

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
Yeah, I caught that too..tried to forget it.

However, this last week or two, the news has had worse stuff than the Shield. If this keeps up, the Shield may seem tame compared to Dan Rather at 6:30.....

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning
How does the fact that Vic & his crew are planting money train cash on that thug absolve the mother? Won't the cash she spends still lead back to them? What am I missing?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Jack,

I think they believe that if the Treasury considers this guy the prime suspect, they'll forget about the mother. Seems like shoddy reasoning to me though-they're going to have to deal with the mother.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Just thought I would add my 2 cents on this but I think it's clear why most TV shows are starting to lose interest. Basically it's a lack of talent. Sopranos has had the same directors all through out the series. Think of what the best episode is for that show, imo it's the forest one done by Buscemi! Every week during the Sheild I'm blown away by the talent that is brought in. I was blown away to see David Mamets name on their tonight!!! These different directors keep the show interesting and fresh, I just wish more shows would bring in such talent. End of rant
Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrharris
Recent bookmarks