What's new

The Shield, season 3 (MERGED THREAD) (1 Viewer)

chuck_b

Supporting Actor
This episode highlighted some pretty miserable women in the main characters lives. Between Shane's overly needy mother-to-be, Vic's ex who looks ready for some serious meds and Aceveda's shut out wife and kid, the women on this show are bringing me down.

(Got a feeling Shane's squeeze is up to no good somehow and is headed for disaster).

Charlie-W

Grip
How much do you want to bet Shane's girlfriend isn't really pregnant? First, the phone call about the bleeding, and next, she "loses the baby".

And, don't you think Vic would have made a copy of the tape before giving the original to Aceveda?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor

Ditto! And I have a feeling she's only going to get worse before something really bad finally happens. With all of her manipulating, Im starting to wonder if she's even really pregnant.

And what was up with Vic's wife not wanting the kids? What was that all about?

Pretty good episode all in all though. Best line "you got something against pubes?"

ChrisDixon

Second Unit
My thoughts on two of the above issues:

I'm willing to bet that Vic made a copy of that video tape for possible future leverage. If not, it was an out-of-character move.

Also: am I the only one who thinks that Vic's wife was putting on a performance? My guess is that Vic will find out that she put on that act so she could go on a weekend getaway with her new man (the therapist). Meanwhile, Vic had to cancel his plans.

Chris

Jay Stone

Auditioning
I just want to say that I saw the first few episodes of season one, then missed the rest throught season 2. I started watching again with the start of season 3 and I can't stop! This show is amazing. The only problem I have now is I have to save up like 120 bucks to buy the first two seasons on DVD.

Chris Moe

Screenwriter
I want to know what happened to Vic's girlfriend from last season. The one that worked at the battered womens shelter, she was yummy.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Vic gets some from Dog girl (who is hot!) and then has to deal with her boyfriend. The matter is nowhere near being a dead end for Vic because she's still into Vic.

The subplot with Julien will come to a head and he'll have to divorce his wife because it's a sham marriage.

Danni's not having a good return to the job. She is moving towards detective-hood if things go right for her.

Trish is a survivor (wonder if she'll run into Acevada at a rape counselling meet later).

Vic is always thinking of angles to play, good move to team up with Decoy leader against Claudette.

Shane is so whipped that it's painful to watch. Lem and Ronnie are a bit underused so far this season.

Matty P

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone else think things are setting up for a bad fallout between Vic and Shane? The look Vic had after leaving Shane's apartment (looking at Mara's new car) doesn't bode well for him...

Jack Fanning

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Fanning

I don't think Shane took the money, since he's bitching and griping about paying for that engagement ring. Doesn't the owner of the mini-storage have a key to the unit? Maybe he stole it. Of course they probably have the chest locked too, so who knows?

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
Didn't Vic take money out of the stash earlier this season? But was that for the Biz-lats purhcase of guns, or his sons tutor?

Matt

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member
Vic took some money to pay for the son's tutor or the better school, I forget which. I don't know if that is the $7K they are missing, cause I thought Vic told them about it when they were arguaing about who had access and only Vic had the key. Anyone with last season on DVD want to check? I'm sure it was last season.

Rob Speicher

Supporting Actor

This was all before the money train robbery, on their smaller retirement fund. Vic needed money for the special school, and came to find out that Shane and the guys had taken the money out to invest it. Vic got pissed and took their keys. I think he gave them back after he got shot in Partners.

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

Yeah, I had the timeline mixed up. Thanks for the reminder and everyone can just ignore everything my feeble mind thinks it remembers from now on:b .

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Was last night the first time Vic knew Shane did buy the Lexus? I know Vic told him not to initially, but I seem to remember Vic already knowing that Shane did buy it.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
Iv'e got to stop catching up on season 2 dvd's while keeping up with season 3. My timelines are all out of wack. :confused:

Matt Pasant

Second Unit

I just believe that the look on his face was him starting to piece things together in his own mind... ring, car, assulting Tavon, Mara... and thinking that something doesn't add up.

RobertW

Supporting Actor
i wasn't really paying attention, so i missed this part. when julien went into the room to make his "deposit" and the nurse had mentioned the magazines to him, did he whip out a gay mag in order to get inspiration? it seemed that way to me, but as i said, i wasn't watching the screen just then, only after.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks