What's new

The Shark Is Still Working (2007) (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Jake Gove said:
Percy was great, he even did the narration for OUR trailer, with his words echoing those he spoke for the JAWS trailer 37 years ago. We were fortunate to get to know him briefly before his passing.
It was interesting to hear he wanted to underplay the narration, which worked quite well. Of course, he could read the phone book and scare you. :)

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Watched JAWS with my 10 year old over the weekend (does it make me a bad parent to have enjoyed seeing him hit the ceiling when the shark popped out of the water?) and immediately afterwards I put on "The Shark is Still Working." We wound up watching the entire thing, so well done on that! There were a few parts that I felt were cut a little short, but if it were much longer I think we would have turned it off at some point.

And we zoomed in as well.

Jake Gove

Second Unit
The version we put out is what we wanted the audience to see in terms of a full length documentary. However, I have been considering using Kickstarter to raise money to put something else out. Not a documentary necessarily. It would be comprised of more interview footage (we have over 60 hours), things we cut for time, and other stuff that didn't flow with the narrative.

NY2LA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jake Gove said:
The version we put out is what we wanted the audience to see in terms of a full length documentary. However, I have been considering using Kickstarter to raise money to put something else out. Not a documentary necessarily. It would be comprised of more interview footage (we have over 60 hours), things we cut for time, and other stuff that didn't flow with the narrative.
I was afraid you had sold the whole thing to Uni, Lock stock and 4 barrels. Sure looks like they took over your website. Did you retain the rights to put out your own DVD release with unused extra footage? Now that I think about it, couldn't you do about 3 sequels? :)

Bob_S.

Screenwriter
Jake, I really enjoyed TSISW. I've waited soooooooooooo long for this to come out on dvd and I wasn't disappointed. It's a perfect companion to the LB 2 hour doc. Noticed that there was another angle filmed where you can see Carl Gottlieb actually fall into the water head first during the Ben Gardner scene. Would love to see all the additional interview footage that didn't make it.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Watched this last night and found it to be among the best making of- documentaries I've ever seen. It had an attention to the details that only fans would get. Loved Dreyfuss' interview - by far the funniest of the group, but also glad to see the minor supporting players represented. Great job all around.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Does anyone know if this is still available in its full form? On any format?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks like a book on the documentary is coming out this June.

THE SHARK IS STILL WORKING: 45 Years of JAWS

In celebration and commemoration of the 45th Anniversary of the release of the original JAWS, and the 15th Anniversary of the award-winning documentary The Shark Is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS.

The Shark Is Still Working: 45 Years of JAWS is a new book that celebrates the positive effects of fandom and explores why the 1975 film continues to thrill and inspire.

Featuring interviews with industry professionals, shark researchers and fans that have all been inspired by the film JAWS.

Exclusive Content includes:

For the first time, the story behind the documentary The Shark Is Still Working, and how five friends from around the country pulled together to produce the ultimate tribute.

An in-depth look at the JAWSfest celebration in 2005 on Martha’s Vineyard.

An Introduction by FX Legend, Director and JAWS Fan Greg Nicotero.

And much, more.

Coming June 2020.

https://www.harkerpress.com/tsisw45

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
They're doing a 45th anniversary re-release of Edith Blake's book "On Location On Martha's Vineyard: The Making Of The Movie Jaws" with a new chapter and new photos. I think it's scheduled to come out in June.

I think I have the original - I'll have to check!

I kinda can't get enough BTS material for "Jaws". It really was a fascinating production since it hit so many snarls...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I think I have the original - I'll have to check!

I kinda can't get enough BTS material for "Jaws". It really was a fascinating production since it hit so many snarls...
Yeah, I got the original at a used book store in the 80's when I was a little kid. It got reprinted some time this century but I'll probably pick up this upcoming one.

Also, don't forget The Jaws Log by Carl Gottlieb (I think the reprint of that has the script). Jaws: Memories From Martha's Vineyard was amazing. Designing Jaws by Joe Alves came out late last year but I haven't gotten it yet.

Man, there are alot of books about the making of Jaws. Not to mention multiple hours long documentaries.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I have all those books. Memories by far is the best. Designing Jaws is very good too. Tons of storyboards and a unique take on the film.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I got the original at a used book store in the 80's when I was a little kid. It got reprinted some time this century but I'll probably pick up this upcoming one.

Also, don't forget The Jaws Log by Carl Gottlieb (I think the reprint of that has the script). Jaws: Memories From Martha's Vineyard was amazing. Designing Jaws by Joe Alves came out late last year but I haven't gotten it yet.

Man, there are alot of books about the making of Jaws. Not to mention multiple hours long documentaries.

I have "Log" and "Memories" - I just checked!

I'll have to re-read them soon. I'd do so now but I finally re-engaged with a book about the fall of the Roman Empire that's been on my "incomplete reads" pile for too long, and I don't want to disrupt that momentum! :D

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Looks like a book on the documentary is coming out this June.

THE SHARK IS STILL WORKING: 45 Years of JAWS

In celebration and commemoration of the 45th Anniversary of the release of the original JAWS, and the 15th Anniversary of the award-winning documentary The Shark Is Still Working: The Impact and Legacy of JAWS.

The Shark Is Still Working: 45 Years of JAWS is a new book that celebrates the positive effects of fandom and explores why the 1975 film continues to thrill and inspire.

Featuring interviews with industry professionals, shark researchers and fans that have all been inspired by the film JAWS.

Exclusive Content includes:

For the first time, the story behind the documentary The Shark Is Still Working, and how five friends from around the country pulled together to produce the ultimate tribute.

An in-depth look at the JAWSfest celebration in 2005 on Martha’s Vineyard.

An Introduction by FX Legend, Director and JAWS Fan Greg Nicotero.

And much, more.

Coming June 2020.

Else where we were discussing what movies we thought were old. Consensus was, if you saw it as a kid or later, it wan’t old. So now 45 years later their’s a book about a documentary about a movie that I don’t consider old. Oh hell, this makes me fell old.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks