What's new

The Saphead (Buster Keaton) on Blu 07/10/12 (1 Viewer)

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
Kino announces a new Buster Keaton release every 3-4 months and I have been waiting in vain for the last year or more for my favorite title (The Navigator) to be released. It seemed to be a logical choice following the other top-tier titles such as The General, Steamboat Bill Jr, Sherlock Jr, etc. But I guess I will have to wait a little longer :(
Just as with the last Buster Keaton release (Lost Keaton) I am not sure who exactly was clamoring for The Saphead to be released on Blu. I was expecting it to be included as the second half of a double feature with one of the other titles. But I can't complain. Kino has the admirable goal of releasing every last Keaton title they have access to on Blu and I intend to support them by buying The Saphead. At the rate they have been releasing Keaton titles the two remaining ones (The Navigator, College) should hopefully be out by the end of the year.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I, too was hoping for College and The Navigator next. I'll also get The Saphead though. Even though it's not really a "Keaton film", he is quite funny in it. I already sold off my DVD set in preparation for getting them all on Blu.

Real Name
Jason
I wonder if they'll revisit the arbuckle keaton shorts since the last release of these was 2001 from Image Entertainment.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks