What's new

The Wade Williams Collection Legacy: (1 Viewer)

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
The AIP titles wouldn't be on nitrate film. That doesn't mean they can't deteriorate, however.
Thanks Peter, that is my point exactly. By not investing in maintaining and archiving thier catalog of films it is only to their detrament. The catalogs value is only as good as the assets that it contains. As the elements deteriorate so does thier value. Not only for them but all of us that enjoy those movies today and into the future.

Susan Hart's inability to grasp the issues at hand just boggles the mind. Wade Williams at least was willing to work with some distributors for the rights to license for dvd and bd discs. At least Sam Arkoff and Jim Nicholson were businessmen and will to work to iron out a deal. Susan was just married to Sam, not quite the same thing.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
Since no one has pointed out the obvious from the very beginning of this thread, Mr. Williams had NOTHING to do with the 4K/Blu-ray release of Invaders from Mars.
"With the news of Wade's passing last week from Tom Wheller (historian and narrator) All are hoping for a more open channel of communication between the WWC and other lables wanting to bring some of these titles into the sunlight again, to be enjoyed by thousands...or at least 10!!!"

This had nothing to do with Invaders from Mars, which was a Euro project. So there was no need to "point out" that perticular aspect and has nothing to do with this thread, sorry Bruce.

aPhil

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Phil Smoot
Susan Hart's inability to grasp the issues at hand just boggles the mind. Wade Williams at least was willing to work with some distributors for the rights to license for dvd and bd discs. At least Sam Arkoff and Jim Nicholson were businessmen and will to work to iron out a deal. Susan was just married to Sam, not quite the same thing.
I think you mean married to James (Jim) Nicholson, not Sam.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
"With the news of Wade's passing last week from Tom Wheller (historian and narrator) All are hoping for a more open channel of communication between the WWC and other lables wanting to bring some of these titles into the sunlight again, to be enjoyed by thousands...or at least 10!!!"

This had nothing to do with Invaders from Mars, which was a Euro project. So there was no need to "point out" that perticular aspect and has nothing to do with this thread, sorry Bruce.
Excuse me? In the very first post, this is what you said: "With the amazing release of the 1953 classic Sci-Fi "Invaders from Mars" and the audience responces that it is recieving, there may still be hope of other WWC titles opeing up, and finally recieving the love that thet deserve." And that is what I responded to. Whether you meant it the way it reads or not, you clearly said "other WWC titles" as if the release of Invaders had anything to do with him. I just scratch my head, seriously. I mean, honestly, what am I not understanding here?

smithbrad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Excuse me? In the very first post, this is what you said: "With the amazing release of the 1953 classic Sci-Fi "Invaders from Mars" and the audience responces that it is recieving, there may still be hope of other WWC titles opeing up, and finally recieving the love that thet deserve." And that is what I responded to. Whether you meant it the way it reads or not, you clearly said "other WWC titles" as if the release of Invaders had anything to do with him. I just scratch my head, seriously. I mean, honestly, what am I not understanding here?
Or in knowing that "Mr. Williams had NOTHING to do with the 4K/Blu-ray release of Invaders from Mars" one can focus on the aspect of the "audience responses that it is receiving, there may still be hope of other WWC titles" as in those that control those other titles might see that release as an incentive to release more of the titles. That's how I read it.

Capt D McMars

Bernuli Tech Vet
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Doc Sigmier
It can be confusing, my inntension was not to highlght IFM, but to give an overview of the WWC catalog, after his passing, might be able to open up to new opportunities for those titles not yet given the chance to see thier way clear to a restored BD release.
As for the WWC/AIP issue, oops, sorry...all of these titles are ones that hold a special spot in my heart, and I'm always searching for a decent edition of them. As I'm sure are you and others here on the forum are as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks