What's new

The Rookies (1 Viewer)

Brent Avery

Supporting Actor
I noticed a couple of threads touching on this series, time to resurrect the fact that today is the official release day - I picked up a copy yesterday and found them to be quite good - and they look great too. Typical of Sony the set is priced more than most Season sets but since almost anything from that era and earlier are actually entertaining I didn't hesitate to purchase the First Season. Anyone else looking forward to getting this show? And hopefully Sony will not drop the ball on this and actually release all the seasons.

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I just ordered it from Deep Discount, I should get it sometime next week.:D

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I will pick it up this week. I'm a fan of the '70's/Spelling productions. I'm still holding my breath for more Charlie's Angels!

Hank Dearborn

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hank
It'll be nice to see these complete for the first time since 1972. The Rookies was a show that really suffered in syndication. When the show went off network in 1976 there was a large outcry over violence and this show was badly cut to take out the violent scenes. It will be interesting to see if they reach a 3rd season release if we'll actually get the SWAT pilot, which has never been in syndication.

jim_falconer

Screenwriter
Just ordered this. I barely remember this show growing up, but the DVD reviews have been very good (minus the fact that the pilot is not included), so I picked it up as a blind buy.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
I bought the first season of the rookies a few years ago and love the series. However, I am frustrated that there has been no future season released. I have been collected dvds for over 4 years and have over 250 dvds and approximately 80-90 tv shows on dvd. I dont watch tv anymore and only watched my dvds, especially the old tv shows, because they are classic. I do not feel today's tv is worthwhile.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Agreed, it's superficial and boring beyond belief, hope too more Rookies will come!!!!

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Agree with Henry.

Paul, I'd say that you're on the right forum
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif
I haven't seen any network series since around '95 or so. I have only 1 TV/DVD show after that ("Firefly" '02).

As for the Rookies, I'd also get another set if it's released.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks