Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss

The Post Blu-ray Review
POST1-1024x682.jpg

The Post is in part a rumination on the importance of a free press as told through the prism of a particular and defining moment in America’s history. It’s also a story about the people who explore and define their relationships with each other and their role in history while living through the chaos, uncertainty and urgency of that moment. It serves as a reminder of the importance of a dedicated, truth-driven free press in a functioning democracy, and how the doubt, questions, and second-guessing of what the right thing to do is a healthy, important part of that role.

[review]

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
From the decision to make The Post, to release day, was an impossibly fast production.
Yeah, I think they said that Spielberg came on right around the time of the Oscars so it took less than a year for the movie to come to fruition. And they started shooting on May 1, 2017 and it was in theater in under 8 months from that. You could even have a copy in your home in under a year from when they started shooting. That's amazingly fast for a modern day big budget Hollywood movie.

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
I have to say with this film and Lincoln I really enjoy the combination of Spielberg and American historical drama. I would like to see him cover more of this kind of subject matter. Due to the fact he is Spielberg he gets everything he wants or needs to make these films and mounts a very handsome production.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Neil Middlemiss

The Post Blu-ray Review
POST1-1024x682.jpg

The Post is in part a rumination on the importance of a free press as told through the prism of a particular and defining moment in America’s history. It’s also a story about the people who explore and define their relationships with each other and their role in history while living through the chaos, uncertainty and urgency of that moment. It serves as a reminder of the importance of a dedicated, truth-driven free press in a functioning democracy, and how the doubt, questions, and second-guessing of what the right thing to do is a healthy, important part of that role.

[review]
Thank you for this fine review of a film that was among my three favorite films of 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks