What's new
World Wide Stereo

The Pay as You go Theater build (1 Viewer)

wraunch

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Hello all,
I am a newbie on this forum. I have been on AVS for ages and I am looking for a different crowd to possibly learn from and get advice from.
The basics are this:
I have a story and a half house that has approx 1000 sq ft of unfinished space on the 2nd floor.
In that space I would like to have a theater, an office and a bar. This area is completely unfininshed currently. There is approx. 25' to the roof line over this space.
Here is the floorplan for upstairs:
[ATTACHMENT=269]Visio-Floorplan.pdf (13k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
We have a family of 4, but I have a lot of family nearby so I want to have the ability for atleast 8 people to sit in the theater or at the bar and watch a movie/sporting event.
As far as soundproofing I plan on doing either a rubber underlayment or roofing felt and then another layer of OSB. I don't think I want to go through the expense of doing resilient channel and clips. I am also debating on doing double drywall an green glue or doing one sheet of QuietRock as I can get a good deal on it through a friend.
Here is the floorplan I just worked up for the new space. Please give me your feedback on what you would do differently. The main things I am still trying to figure out is how to maximize my seating, especially how to layout the bar so that people can see then screen, and where to put my AV equipment.
[ATTACHMENT=270]Visio-Upstairs Floorplan - Without hallway, screen on south.pdf (17k. pdf file)[/ATTACHMENT]
[ATTACHMENT=271]Upstairs Floorplan - Without hallway, screen on south.jpg (175k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]
Thanks in advance for any advice in this process. This will be a somewhat lengthy process as I will be doing a majority of the work with the help of knowledgable friends/family. I am excited about getting started on this and I look forward to learning from all the great folks here.
Wraunch

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Hi Chris, welcome to HTF! You've done a lot of planning here for a great 7.2 projector layout. I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback!

wraunch

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone. Tons of great work on here from the posts I've looked at.

wraunch

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Small updates to the plans. Saw a Sony 4K projector in person this weekend. That thing is amazing!
What do you folks think of the new plans?[ATTACHMENT=283]Revised Floorplan.jpg (203k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

John Fortino

Auditioning
Real Name
John Fortino
Nice setup. Good planning too!
Curious what speakers you are going with. I have a riser and positioned the side surround in a similar fashion (split the difference from the front row to the second) and have a pair of JAMO dipole speakers to do the job. But I also have a pair of JBL L820's just behind and above the rear row wired into the same channel. I played with a front firing pair between the risers, but I found it was blasting surround information and interrupting the surround "effect" so I went with the dipole option. Even though they are the oddball pair in a setup of JBL L820's and LC2's they are working well.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks