What's new

The official Survivor Season 22 Redemption Island: Russell vs. Rob discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Stan

Senior HTF Member
As Patrick said, good riddance to the troll.

Not we can get back to good old Survivor, instead of concentrating on the "Russell" show. We'll probably still see a lot of Rob, but he's much more pleasant to listen to and watch him hatch his strategies. Just hope the merge comes out fairly even so that one team doesn't just pick off the others one by one.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I took it as deliberate misspellings by Ralph - he essentially called Russ and Crystal asses. I bet he writes down 'Chastina' next time.

And, wow, what an idiot (i guess russell calls them his dumb-ass girl alliance for a reason) Crystal is for complaining that no one in her tribe is playing the game - they're just sitting around. Gee, Crystal, they ARE playing the game. They just don't need to argue because it's obvious who they plan on voting out. And instead of getting off her ass and trying to spread rumors and lies to get the main group to divide she does exactly what she accuses them of doing - sitting around and not playing the game.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Not to be pedantic (please don't take is as such), but the young lady who got booted over to RI is Krista. Just thought it was ironic, considering all the funny spellings from the tribemates, and now amongst the viewers too.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Actually, Ralph spelled it "Ressel", so I don't think he was subtly pointing out that Russell was an ass. It doesn't look like there's anything subtle about Ralph.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
I was impressed to see Rob play it cool when Grant found the HII clue. I would not have had the balls to switch the new clue for the older one. I think a rookie would have felt forced to spill the beans that they had the HII had they been in that same situation as Rob.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Jon_B

I was impressed to see Rob play it cool when Grant found the HII clue. I would not have had the balls to switch the new clue for the older one. I think a rookie would have felt forced to spill the beans that they had the HII had they been in that same situation as Rob.

Rob is indeed a cool character. I like the way he thinks. His faking a dump to find the idol was hilarious and that was very shrewd swapping the clue.

MarkHarrison

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor

Rob is indeed a cool character. I like the way he thinks. His faking a dump to find the idol was hilarious and that was very shrewd swapping the clue.

He IS a cool character. I've been impressed with how well he's handling his team's loses at the challenges. I know we don't see everything of course. But I've not really seen any footage of panic at his camp. Normally it seems when a team is losing that badly, the tribe gets very wound up about it. But this tribe appears to still be very calm. And like him or hate him, I think the credit goes to Rob.

Or there is simply more interesting footage to show than the tribe worrying about their continued loses. One of the two!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
BTW, there's a reason Ralph doesn't know the difference between his left and his right:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Don't see the women going much further in this show, except maybe Julie. Russell's little princesses are history

A bit early, but my final five is Mike, Grant, Steve, Rob and Julie. We'll see where it goes from here.

I have a feeling Matt will keep winning Redemption Island challenges, but it's going to be hard for him to return. He's developed no relationships with anybody, he'll come back as a complete outsider. Better be damn good at Individual Immunity challenges.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Sorry Stan, but I disagree re Matt. We've seen too many minority players in alliances, or swing vote players, overtake the majority. Majority thinks they have the next few TC's locked up; swing vote player enters the scene via a merge or other tribal shuffle or possibly through the play of a HII; weaker player within a majority alliance realizes they need to make a move and ... whammo. Majority alliance gets taken down by one of their own and the minority player is now part of the new majority. It's a Survivor staple. And probably what keeps it interesting. :)

Jon_B

Screenwriter
If they keep the Matt on RI too long, they might as well hand over the check for a million dollars to him. Think about it....he has not lied or back-stabbed anyone. He's played a noble game and obviously did excellent in challenges. He had to do well around camp, because if he didn't he would only be hurting himself. You know what...this might be the first year I am happy with the winner of survivor. :-J

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Interesting dichotomy between the two tribes. Rob's tribe is fracturing, so he unifies them and they win. Don't know if their unity is why they won, but they have no dissension during the challenge. Russell's tribe is fracturing, and the tribe throws a challenge to get him out, also in the name of unity. The problem is they still have two members who aren't part of the Russell-less tribe, so there is still a fracture. They lose a valuable IC competitor and then proceed to lose 2 out of 3 challenges and they have given away their numbers advantage and at a severe disadvantage in challenges. They had better hope Matt is pissed enough at Rob's tribe that he goes with them. He looks kind of sappy though and I'd bet he goes back with Rob to make nice with the blonde he was close with. Was good to see someone question the wisdom of voting out Russell.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
That, Phil....gotta agree...you don't mess with the
United States of America.

Stealth R Us!

Wasn't especially pleased to see Stephanie leave.

She deserved to go, but she's my favorite eye candy.

Certainly feel bad for the man she ends up with.

Pretty good week in any event.

PS: Hanson, you never fail to entertain!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Jon_B

If they keep the Matt on RI too long, they might as well hand over the check for a million dollars to him. Think about it....he has not lied or back-stabbed anyone. He's played a noble game and obviously did excellent in challenges. He had to do well around camp, because if he didn't he would only be hurting himself. You know what...this might be the first year I am happy with the winner of survivor. :-J

I keep thinking that too. If he wins numerous challenges, he's going to come into the game with a clean slate. He'll be an unknown commodity and no backstabbing "he's wierd" "he complains" none of that exists. They'll think of him as just a kid who apparently won a bunch of challenges. If he makes it out, there will actually be a big push to "get" him because they will perceive him as being an advantage in the challenges going forward.. I'm assuming he comes in when the tribes unify.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I had to laugh at Steve whining about having the 2 girls writing his name down at Tribal.

Instead of trying to explain to him why Stephine should have just said "Why not you?" and let him have to explain why not him.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Patrick_S

Stephanie should have used this as an opportunity to mess with him and say some other people came to her and said they wanted Steve out and, when pressed, named a couple of people. He would have asked them, they would deny it, but by the way he was acting, the seed would have been planted and the alliance would start to self destruct. And Stephanie might have been saved.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Phillip IS the living embodiment of the lion and the gorilla:

He's also the black version of Coach:

And he may be Jamie Foxx's father:

Phillip is making the season for me.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
He is Coach. I wish I could see those two together. Seems based on the preview that Rob is in trouble next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks