What's new

The official Survivor Season 22 Redemption Island: Russell vs. Rob discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I definitely believe the time-lapse was to show both the challenge time and how Phillip never came up for air in answering Jeff's question.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
I thought it was intentionally shaded to make it look like he was talking that long. I'll have to rewatch to see how long after the challenge started he started yapping but it was fairly early one.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
He started talking sometime after they moved to the second set of pegs, IOW 15 minutes in. So, he talked no more than 7 minutes, which is still a huge amount of time.

Patrick_S

Senior HTF Member
I guess I’m in the minority but I really like Redemption Island and hope they continue to use it for future seasons.

I have always wondered about the logic behind people who jump ship to the other side when a merger comes. Doesn’t the jumper realize that he or she is going from the bottom of the heap with their current group to the bottom of the heap of a new group? What’s worse is the new group has zero loyalty to you and is only using you until you are of no use. It would be far better to stay with your current group, wipe out the other group and then try to make a move. That way at least you have some long standing relationships to try to work with.

If I were on Survivor I would even have a tribe meeting where I spelled that out to my group and show them, is there any real advantage of going from number 6 on our tribe to number 6 on theirs?

Sure you can make the argument that you could at least get back at your old tribe but in the end that kind of petty revenge seeker rarely if ever wins even if they are lucky enough to get to the final since the old members of the original tribe rarely vote for them.

It’s better to go along wiping at the old tribe all along working on your relationships in hopes when the core group has to start eating their own you can form a new alliance to win out the day.

By the way about last night’s show, what would be the perfect ending to Matt’s stay on Survivor would be him proclaiming himself an Atheist after it is all said and done.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I don't like Redemption Island itself, but I do love the season so far. If it weren't for Matt's arc and consecutive string of wins, RI would be a total bust.

I dislike that there are no final words at the end with the montage of votes cast. I dislike that it takes away from camp stuff. The only thing I like is that there is a combined immunity/reward challenge -- I usually zone out a bit during the, "run here, dig up a bag, untie it, then put he puzzle pieces together". It's even worse now that they're reusing challenges between seasons (since two seasons are filmed back to back in the same location).

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Yeah. I really miss the closing confessional audio, too...even with the historically lousy audio mix putting the voice WAY underneath the closing music. But it's also helpful to see the different votes cast.

I don't want to have to go to the website to find that stuff out (if it's even there).

They should save the reuniting of the two people on RI for the beginning of the next show...kinda like the campfire talks when the tribe returns to camp after tribal.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
My bad. I completely forgot that Rooster pulled

everyone together and told them he had the idol.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by mattCR Just Matt and Mike as far as I can tell, Matt.

I gotta figure the producers must have decided that since there was no way to build suspense for these last two votes they may as well edit the two tribal council into one episode to devote time for more interesting things later on.

Phil Taylor

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by mattCR

Color me totally confused. So are there 3 people on redemption island or what the heck ?

I'd be willing to wager that you aren't feeling nearly as confused as Matt ....

Quick moving show tonight. They should do that more often.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Yes, there are three people on Redemption Island currently.

Philip had some grade-A material tonight. "That leg's gonna be decapitated!"

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Phil Taylor

I'd be willing to wager that you aren't feeling nearly as confused as Matt ....

Quick moving show tonight. They should do that more often.

I guess I'm as confused as Matt (Matt on RI, not MattCR!).

D'oh! Of course there are three on RI. Matt, Mike & David.

Sorry for any confusion...

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Maybe the funniest episode of Survivor I've ever watched:

"Phillip, did you have a collision with a hawk"?

"Maybe a whole bird will fall from the sky".

"Phil, you are one odd duck, brother".

"Stealth R Us".

There was more comedy in this episode than most sitcoms.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I'm really not sure what to make about the Cult of Rob. Their following Rob's every command is creepy, and, as someone put it, frustrating in that no one is really playing the game (except rob). They're never going to get anyone on Rob's team to switch, but their best chance is by calling him out in his cult leader status during tribal council.

I have to wonder how it will all play out when it's only Rob's team left and they start eating each other. Is it all going to implode on him? Or will everyone keep doing what Master Rob says to the end, and then they wake up at the Ponderosa and realize what's happened. Rob either doesn't stand a chance in winning, or he'll get all their votes because they're still brainwashed and feel he deserves it for 'outplaying' them.

I like Rob, but he's becoming a little maniacal.

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I think they all understand that they stand a better chance getting rid of all the other tribe first. Would be the first time someone didn't flop early.

And I'm starting to wonder about Phillip. Is he just putting on a show and foolilng us all, or is he really just a nutjob like Coach? Was a hilarious episode. I guess my questions about how redemption are answered. They will probably send everyone there, then have one final challenge and send that one person back into the game, then send the rest home. Maybe at the final 4 or 5?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
"I like being on the bottom. I get wood."

Freaking LOVE Phillip. I LOL'd at everything he said last night.

Rob is playing the Brian Heidik game. The problem is, if there's a final three, there's no way he can win.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Steve_Tk
And I'm starting to wonder about Phillip. Is he just putting on a show and foolilng us all, or is he really just a nutjob like Coach?

I am wondering too, he had a moment when he was talking to the camera about his craziness and the game where I thought he might be putting it all on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks