What's new

The official Survivor Season 22 Redemption Island: Russell vs. Rob discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I think you have to be a celebrity to be on the cover of Maxim. Well, the US edition, anyway.

One thing I have learned is that the publicity pictures don't necessarily match up to the viewing experience. Like, Purple Kelly was going to be the hottie last season, but she never took off Fabio yellow windbreaker. Brenda was cute until she opened her mouth and said dumb things delivered in that weird accent.

Also, half the time these "hotties" get booted first, so you never get to enjoy the eye candy. I never put stock into hotness based on these publicity photos. Still a little disappointed that Jesse Camacho was booted so early in Africa.

And BTW, the way Idol is shaping up, you're going to have to satisfy your ogling jones with Survivor. Because it seems like 3 out of 4 girls going to Hollywood are 15-17 years old.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife's a big fan, so I'm something of a Survivor Husband. I suspect she'll really want to talk to me about this season, because it's so different, so I'm going to follow the discussion to better keep up with it.

And her hope is that Rob and Russel are send straight off to Exile Island to go mano a mano.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't want to ruin the upcoming season and learn important information (like who wins/loses).

If I click on Hanson's link above (to find out what's going on with Russell), would that happen? Has anyone else looked at it?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Sorry, I should have had a bit more info with the link.

In a nutshell, a Survivor fan named Jim Early started posting spoilers with dead on boot lists for Samoa and HvV as well as some boot spoilers from Nicaragua on SurvivorSucks. CBS sued him for leaking the spoilers (without much of a leg to stand on) and demanded to know who the leak was. According to Early, he turned Russell in when he found out Russell was trying to throw another Survivor under the bus for the leaks (who appears to be Shannon Elkins from Nicaragua).

There are no spoilers in the article for this season. In fact, there is zero mention of the upcoming season. I included it in this thread because of the Russell connection.

CBS hasn't really taken any action yet other than the drop the Early suit.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
My wife found that article very interesting It must be a Daily Beast exclusive, because it wasn't reported by her regular Reality TV web site, which is always on top of this sort of thing.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
The news seems to be spreading. Bad timing for the upcoming season. Or maybe it's good timing. No, it's bad.

Funny, he behaves in real life just like he does in the game. I think CBS is going to have to come down hard on the guy. Kind of awkward if they fire him, though. What will they do, not invite him to the reunion show? He's one of the "stars".

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
This is a very awkward situation for CBS because Russell is looms so large this season. At present, CBS is in a holding pattern, not knowing exactly what to do next and may be forced to pretend that the investigation produced no conclusive result in order to sweep it under the carpet. There are rumors that Russell is planning on "spilling the beans" if CBS tries to come after him with a breach of contract suit. Some speculate that the producers assisted Russell in finding the HII's in Samoa and there was a lot of speculation that Russell and Parvati were made familiar to each other before HvV started. Any talk of producer interference would have a devastating impact the credibility of the show.

BTW, the significance of Shannon Elkins in the whole kerkuffle is that the casting director for the show casts a lot of contestants based on referrals from former contestants. So behind the scenes, a lot of these former Survivors are well acquainted with each other from before the show. There is a pocket in Louisiana that has produced Russell, Boo from Panama, James, and Shannon. Shannon and Russell are well acquainted with each other, and I think that Russell fed the boot list and specific details of the show to Early for Samoa and HvV while he gave less detailed information for Nicaragua, probably because it was second hand information from Shannon who himself got much of it second hand due to his early boot.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I have consistently made similar kind of comments

over the past few seasons that I felt this show was

scripted.

...and now it seems that my fears have been confirmed.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

This is a very awkward situation for CBS because Russell is looms so large this season. At present, CBS is in a holding pattern, not knowing exactly what to do next and may be forced to pretend that the investigation produced no conclusive result in order to sweep it under the carpet.

It'll be the elephant in the room all season. They went after Early full force in order to get the leaker, to do nothing now that they know who it is would make them look like saps.

There are rumors that Russell is planning on "spilling the beans" if CBS tries to come after him with a breach of contract suit. Some speculate that the producers assisted Russell in finding the HII's in Samoa and there was a lot of speculation that Russell and Parvati were made familiar to each other before HvV started. Any talk of producer interference would have a devastating impact the credibility of the show.

If they did anything like that, and Russell can prove it, it'd probably destroy the show. And they'd deserve it.

mike caronia

Second Unit
Tonight! Can't wait.

Bet Russ gets voted out quick. He's been real mellow in his interviews leading up to it.

That or the impending lawsuit on his ass!!

Either way, I'm rooting for the little hobbit to go far and kick Rob's ass in the redemption ring.

I've had enough of that smug loser.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oof! It starts tonight? Damn. I am at work.

Forgot to set my Tivo. Will have to watch it

online tomorrow.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Oh Snap! Just went to Tivo.com and was able

to add the show to my program schedule. How

cool is dat?

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
My kids think that TV means 61" HDTV with a media server that has 600gb of recorded kids shows sans commercials at the ready. When we go to other people's houses, they'll ask to see a specific episode of Dino Dan, and when we tell them they don't have it, they don't really understand why not. Or why you can't just pause the show or rewind to the funny part again. They're so modern that they've both skipped the DVD era entirely!

I hope this season is a palate cleanser for last season.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
So were off and running, down and dirty right off the bat lol, tribal was a blast thanks to this seasons token asshole Phillip. I liked Francesca from what I've seen of her so I hope she's victorious on Redemption island and comes back in.

Phillip has to be one of the dumbest players I've seen, I mean is he TRYING to get his ass booted immediately...sheesh??

So this time the castaways are wise to Russell's tricks and hopefully are prepared to deal with him in swift fashion but we shall see, that little tree troll has had too many shots.

Sweet eye candy this year, too...Natalie...dayum.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
Phillip is the "Coach" of this season, for sure. He seems to be completely unhinged. And dammit he needs to stop walking around in his underwear.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks