What's new

The official Survivor Season 22 Redemption Island: Russell vs. Rob discussion thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
That was the funniest first tribal council ever in Survivor history. Philip has to be a plant, seriously, no one can be that f'in stupid and clueless about how they are perceived by other people. Wow, I was speechless watching how tonight's tribal council went down. This could be an epic season after all.

Too bad Philip's last name isn't "Johnson".

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Well, the first episode of this season already erased the horrible taste in my mouth from last season and I know it's a gimmick, but dammit Rob and Russell really do add something special to this show. That tribal council was absolutely classic and I can't wait to see how this all plays out. Very happy to have Survivor back.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
Not sure who the girl is but I wish she wore something a little more covering that didn't necessitate the blurry blob following her around everywhere she goes.

Even better I wish they let her wear what she's wearing without the blurry blob.

Charlie Campisi

Screenwriter
Philip is a jackass, but Christina is an idiot. She finds an idol and can't keep it to herself for a minute. She's in an alliance with someone she hates and her solution is to tell him she has an idol, then antagonize him at TC? MORON. As soon as she opened her mouth to go at Philip, I (and millions of other viewers, I'm sure) said "she just annoyed Philip into disclosing that she has the idol." Only smart thing she did was realize she wouldn't have to play the idol because Philip was going to vote for Fran-chweskwa. But now that Rob knows she has it, she'll be joining Fran on RI if she doesn't scramble quickly or win tribal immunity. Boston Rob is playing chess and she's playing checkers.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Awesome first episode. Anyone that has followed my previous Survivor posts knows that I am a Boston Rob fan. His observation skills and ability to read people are amazing. Tyson blew it for him when he did not understand how the voting process worked in Heroes vs. Villians, but these contestants listened to him and avoided making the same mistake. I think Christina does not understand how this season works.....,or maybe I don't. Christina seemed to believe that she was voting Rob off the show, not voting him one step closer to being off the show. IMHO she would have viewed voting Rob off as winning the game.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Anyone notice that in Nicaragua the HII was buried in a random spot requiring the use of clues to sniff out, but now that Russell is back, it's just lying around next to landmarks? Rather embarrassingly easy to find, no?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Good to be back for another scripted season of Survivor.

Traditionally, this is the time of year that I start complaining

that I really can't get into any of the Survivors we are introduced to.

Well, this year is uniquely different. Right from the getgo I

was thinking, "Wow...what a really diverse bunch of personalities."

Yeah, Phillip is the token asshole and I can't believe he wasn't

the first to be voted out. But then again, it seems the most

entertaining personalities stick it out the longest (scripted?).

Love the Redneck guy. He seems very interesting.

Great to have Russell back, but man, he has just become a

caricature of himself.

Yeah, this looks like it's going to be a great season and

I don't think I have ever thought that from the first episode.

Even like the Redemption Island angle -- interested to see

how that works out.

Finally....great eye candy! Really hot women this season

wearing as little as possible.

James Lee

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by Hanson Yoo

Anyone notice that in Nicaragua the HII was buried in a random spot requiring the use of clues to sniff out, but now that Russell is back, it's just lying around next to landmarks? Rather embarrassingly easy to find, no?

I thought the same thing. I seem to recall reading somewhere that after the last season Russell was on, Probst mentioned that they would make the hidden immunity idol a lot more difficult to find. In light of that, the fact that a dimwit like Christina could find it so easily was a bit surprising.

New drinking game: any time Philip mentions that he was a federal agent, drink a beer!

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Every year it seems like there's a lot of eye candy but then it turns out there's only a few hotties and then two get voted out early.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by James Lee

New drinking game: any time Philip mentions that he was a federal agent, drink a beer!

Was I the only one that noticed a (?) after Federal Agent ? I can't remember them ever doing that before.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I've been trying to imagine a Federal Agent being successful at his job with that complete lack of a verbal filter.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I noticed the '?' and had to rewind to make sure I saw it. As the show evolved it became painfully clear why the added the ?. There is no way that guy was an FBI special agent. And the frightening thing is - I work with a guy just like that. Not as delusional, but he looks and talks just like him. And he'll go off on something thinking he's completely right and there's nothing you can say that will convince him he's got his facts wrong.

I'm not sure what Christina was thinking. When talking to Special Agent Shepard she said that because she has the idol anyone she wants to go is gone. It doesn't really work that way.

Question: If Christina got voted off without playing the idol, would it still be valid should she return from Redemption Island?

And, BTW - http://www.jeffprobst.com/

amulyaa

Auditioning
Real Name
amulyaa
survivor is a awesome game show. Its really entertaining. Moreover the survivor season 22 is really gaining popularity among people and have lots of fan following. I am a fan of this show and Survivior season 22 episode 2 is going to be aired in few days and i will definetly watch this and take the real enjoy.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
These nightmares I am having lately. This is the

reason why I wake up in a cold sweat...

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Ronald! :) If that guy is a plant, I don't see how he is able to keep a straight face. Is he the next Will Farrell? I could see Will doing all the things that Phillip has done :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Probst revealed in his blog entry on the first episode that Philip was really parched during tribal council (referring to his repeated butchering of Francesca's name at least 9 times), plus he also revealed to Probst that he's dyslexic, which made Probst love the guy even more. And Probst promised more peach underwear footage to come (and why isn't that blurred out?).

Didn't realize Natalie was only 18 years old, youngest female contestant on the show (ever?).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks