What's new

The official MWSF HTF predictions thread (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
Huh. So MacRumors Live apparently just got hacked or something. Profanity and gibberish showing up in the live feed and now it's hanging.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Whoa! Option overload!
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Thanks, I'll check out EnGadget (in between actual, you know, work)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
First up, I think the show itself will be a major disappointment, especially the first half which will focus on software for a good portion with little excitement. The second half will introduce a few hardware bumps, but probably only a third as many as I predict below.
-TRUE!

I think Phil's keynote is going to focus heavily on Snow Leopard
-FALSE

and also introduce iLife 09.
-TRUE

SL will be officially dated for April.
-FALSE

iLife 09 will ship on Tuesday tho
-TRUE

and will be bundled with updated Mac Minis and iMacs which have Display port, nvidia graphics identical to the new MBPs, and little else changed. Price will be identical to existing models.
-FALSE SO FAR BUT I BET WE HAVE NEW MINIS AND iMacs by the 29th!

Apple TV will be refreshed with more storage and a new focus on casual games, with iPhone and iTouch storage bumps and a new feature that expands on the 'remote' concept to allow these devices to act as video game controllers ala the Wii. Displayport (with bundled HDMI to DP dongle) and a low end nVidia discrete GPU. $299
-FALSE

A mini splash will be a 17" Mac Pro with a quad core mobile cpu. Ron E will celebrate ecstatically for having waited. It will cost $2499
-TRUE, FALSE, TRUE, FALSE

The 'big' splash will be an all new 30" iMac, labeled the 25th anniversary edition Mac, with a kickass GPU that requires additional cooling. It will cost $2999
-WAY FALSE

As much as I want to see it, I don't see BluRay being in any of these UNLESS a serious-as-all-get-out update to iDVD is in the works. I really wanna see it but I'd put the odds as low.
-TRUE

The one more thing? SJ invited on to stage where he officially announces his retirement date along with Apple's farewell to the Macworld show.
-FALSE but Sickness confirmed!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Are there any new rumors / info on Snow Leopard release date? I've got a suite of minor and major upgrades planned that are all driven by the 10.6 release date. I don't want to repeat my '07 purchase, where I had to buy a 10.4 machine and then upgrade (full price) to 10.5 three months later. But if 10.6 won't appear until Fall or later, I might as well buy my wife her new machine now and be done with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks