What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

The O.C. - ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Finally watched the return episode. Though the melodrama is supremely high, and amount of commitment that Ryan has for Marisa is rather intense, it's rather watchable for the fun dialogue and relationships on the show. Looking forward to the high school episodes.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
It's getting awfully crowded for Fox to re-run shows because their coverage of the baseball playoffs is over, and their fall line-up is now in full swing. But, that being said, Fox did re-run the first hour of "24" after "Tru Calling" last night.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
All the characters seem to have their good points, even people like Summer and Luke, who didn't initially seem to. Everyone, that is, except Julie. Not only is she a complete bitch, she just keeps topping herself. Trying to secretly ship Marissa off to the mental hospital was really beyond the pale.

Also, did the rest of you notice how Julie claimed Marissa's problems started when Ryan arrived, but when the psychologist interviews here, she talks about things Marissa did more than a year ago?

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
All the character and Lukes seem to have their good points, even people like Summer, who didn't initially seem to. Everyone, that is, except Julie. Not only is she a complete bitch, she just keeps topping herself. Trying to secretly ship Marissa off to the mental hospital was really beyond the pale.
The reason I too like this show is everyone has their shades of grey. Sure Luke seems like an ass but then he comes around and does something good which sets this show appart from other soaps.
Julie is a bitch but if you notice she thinks shes doing it for her daughters own good because she loves her.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
aHHHH....Seth is killin me... you dumb dodo... I would much rather be with the girl more like me, than with Summer. And its not like she is not hot... guess the male brain (in the pants) isn't thinkin straight... We'll see how that turns out.. Great episode, can't wait for the rest of the season. Looks to be awesome...

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Juan: Think about it, though. The Girl of Your Dreams for the last six or seven years is finally interested in you, as well as the hot--but horribly dressed, seriously what was up with those outfits?--nerdy girl. It's like his fantasies come true.

Loved this episode. Maybe the best yet. The parents in this series aren't some lame subplot, they've actually got a plot (or three) to themselves, and the actors are putting a lot into their roles. I missed hating Julie, but both Jimmy and the Cohens had things to do in this episodes. Both of the young male leads are doing an excellent job of portraying the akwardness of adolescence that 90210 never captured.

Oh, and I'm loving Summer more and more, too. She's my favorite female character on the show. The scene with the frog where she goes "Hmmm...I mean, ew!" was priceless. I can see why Seth is attracted to her. It's too bad that Rachel Bilson isn't part of the main cast in the credits yet, but we may yet see her bumped up the way things are going.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
I guess so Jesse...

Summer:"Hmmm...I mean, ew!"
Seth: " Thats my girl"

Was this insight into Summers true nerdy inner self?

What is it with girls wanting guys they can't have..
In college, I was really into this one chic, who just wanted to be friends, until I hooked up with another girl, then it was like... game on.. ??? I'm a dog for doing it, but you know.. no regrets!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great show last night. Love the new girl Anna. She adds a little extra to the show that is great. Her dialogue with Seth was classic and paying the Ferris Wheel guy to keep Ryan and Marissa up there to talk was a great moment.

She's stirring the pot.

Also Loved that they showed Luke as being able to cry and not just the Macho jerk. Showing him in those nice gym shorts wasnt a bad thing.

Dan Rudolph

Senior HTF Member
Wouldn't these kids have been about 4 when My Girl came out? Seeign it much later only enforces their nerdiness, I suppose.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I think that was just bad acting. :)

I really like this show, and I hope they delve more into the business aspect of the relationship between Sandy, his wife and his father-in-law. I'm currently following "Dallas" on Soapnet, and I'm reminded of how great the writing was on that show, and how few soaps have managed to mix business and personal lives as well as they did on that show. I hope "The OC" can pull that off too.

One thing had me worried though: did they say that Seth is going to be working at the school newspaper, with Anna? A little too much "90210" there... ;)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
Anyone else think the lead actor is like a young Russell Crowe? Always looking at people through the corner of his eyes.

StephenT

Stunt Coordinator
"I have to sit down." :D

And did Marissa actually say, "Best date ever," in the same way comic book guy says, "Worst episode ever," on The Simpsons? Well, this certainly was NOT the worst episode ever.

Who will Seth end up with? At first I would have never said I wanted it to be Summer, but damnit, I'm starting to like her.

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
My wife and I about died laughing when Kirsten said" I'm sorry, that never happened with Seth" after walking in on Ryan and Marissa.

Just call me fan boy. I love this show. Guilty pleasure or not.

StephenT, I agree, I really like Anna, but Summer is somehow growing on me. I also liked Anna's interaction with Summer.. Another good episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks