What's new

Hulu The Watchful Eye (Freeform) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I gave this new Freeform primetime soap a shot because of some of the cast, but it intrigued me enough to keep watching. Airing Monday nights on Freeform, and available on Hulu the next day. The first two episodes aired tonight.

It's not on the same quality level, but this feels like the "Twin Peaks" version of "Only Murders in the Building": The mix of quirky characters, genuine menace, and strange supernatural elements peeking in from the margins.

Elena Santos has just been hired as a live-in nanny by the wealthiest family in the Greybourne, one of those grand old luxury co-ops on the Upper East Side of Manhattan. Her new employer (played by Warren Christie of "Alphas" fame) was widowed some months back after his wife committed suicide under mysterious circumstances.

But Elena is secretly working on behalf of Scott, her boyfriend who has arranged for her to infiltrate the Greybourne to locate and steal a valuable jewel. Scott has leverage on Elena that motivates her in her ulterior motives.

As Elena gets the lay of the land, she navigates a dangerous ecosystem of the wealthy and miserable. Everybody has their own agenda, and many of those agendas will make Elena's agenda more difficult. But the residents aren't the only thing she has to watch out for. The building has its secrets, that seem to come with a high body count.

Kelly Bishop is delightfully caustic as the building's queen bitch, and Amy Acker makes for a persistent nemesis for Elena. But I think it's the building itself that will keep me tuning in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks