What's new

The Most Beautiful Songs/Themes In the World - They Make You Shiver Every Time You Hear Them (2 Viewers)

Doug MacGregor

Stunt Coordinator
May It Be in "The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring" Music and Lyric by Enya, Nicky Ryan and Roma Ryan

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
"Joanna" written by Stephen Sondheim from Sweeney Todd. I get chills every time I hear it.

You're right, Thomas. Pretty song within an otherwise nihilistic play, performed by Victor Garber.

F451

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
My dearest friend passed away 12/20/2020 from complications associated with ovarian cancer.
These two songs remind me of her.

We Have All the Time in the World / Louis Armstrong

Into the West / Annie Lenox

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Howie, As it is nearly Christmas, I am linking to a few of your selections, which I absolutely agree are among the world's most beautiful tunes. You have many additional great choices, My favorite holiday albums ever remain those of Percy Faith's and his orchestra, which my father played very year from when I was very young (back in the mid-late fifties).
While I'm at it, HTF friends, have a safe and happy holiday, in spite of the events in the world.

I Wonder as I Wander

Un flambeau, Janette, Isabella

O Holy Night

white vader

Agent
Real Name
Matt
I'm a bit confused about this thread because I took shivers or chills to mean beautiful but inextricably haunting or sad (which is what gives you those shivers), which may just be my interpretation. Not just beautiful which of course can be a happy thing.

Anyway for what it's worth I agree on Harry Nilsson! And if we're talking themes which I take to mean film scores, then I'd say:

Lara's theme from Dr Zhivago
and The Piano by Michael Nyman.

Also, the single, minor piano note at THAT moment in Pixar's "Up", that tells you everything, and breaks your heart.

For songs ones that are haunting, beautiful, heartbreaking and give me physical/literal shivers are:
Village Ghetto Land by Stevie Wonder
Into Temptation by Crowded House
Many songs from Mahalia Jackson

Cheers for the cool thread!!

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Battle Hymn of the Republic by The Mormon Tabernacle Choir, among hundreds of other favorites too numerous to mention. One comes to mind, from the seventies..."War" by Edwin Star.

William Moore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
William
Or John Williams brilliant score for "E.T." Anything by the great Henry Mancini. And, anything conducted by the late Erich Kunzel and the Cincinnati Pops Orchestra.

jcroy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
jr
Holidays In The Sun - Sex Pistols

(This one is hard to understand if one has never lived in West Berlin during the cold war, surrounded by communist East Germany and The Wall).

Jeffrey D

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeffrey D Hanawalt
Love is Blue - Paul Mauriat
Waltz No. 2 - Shostakovich
Por una Cabeza - Carlos Gardel
Ripples - Genesis
Ripples is a good one, but I prefer another track from Trick Of The Tail- Entangled.

The Lamia from Lamb Lies Down On Broadway is a nice track too.

A few that I like-

Return To Me- October Project
Northern Lights- Renaissance
The Turn Of A Friendly Card- Alan Parsons Project
C’est La Vie- Emerson, Lake & Palmer
And You And I- Yes

greenscreened

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
The only song in this closing nineteen minute medley that fits the original thread title for me, is the ‘Grande Finale’ (and only the version contained on this album) from Procol Harum Live: In Concert With The Edmonton Symphony Orchestra.

Grand Finale @ 14:39

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks