What's new

Complete List of Announced TT Titles, including those Sold Out. (1 Viewer)

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I bought the disc when it was first released. Now that it's sold out, let me torment those who delayed too long: it's a very good disc!
I understood it was gorgeous to look at; my problem was the film that went along with that look.

I saw the film at the Henry King retrospective at MOMA, and in my opinion, it was one of those films for which that Pauline Kael quote would be perfectly apropos: "This would be a good film to read a book to, if there were light enough in the theater." And I already own too many of those.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
I understood it was gorgeous to look at; my problem was the film that went along with that look.

I saw the film at the Henry King retrospective at MOMA, and in my opinion, it was one of those films for which that Pauline Kael quote would be perfectly apropos: "This would be a good film to read a book to, if there were light enough in the theater." And I already own too many of those.

Agree. My wife and I found it boring. Couldn't wait for it to end.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero

Ah, with those gorgeous faded colors that only Deluxe could provide! I first saw this as a child in '58 with colors intact (somewhat over my head, but I liked Peck and Kerr); then at MoMA (gasp!); finally this TT release with colors once again the way they should be. Anyway, I still like Peck and Kerr.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
Ah, with those gorgeous faded colors that only Deluxe could provide! I first saw this as a child in '58 with colors intact (somewhat over my head, but I liked Peck and Kerr); then at MoMA (gasp!); finally this TT release with colors once again the way they should be. Anyway, I still like Peck and Kerr.
I also like Peck and Kerr, as well as Leon Shamory, but this may be Henry Kings' most lugubrious Cinemascope production, which makes Michael Snow's WAVELENGTH seem filled with excitement and drama by comparison. So yes, I might have bought it to look at the beautiful lighting and production design, but just one scene of the two of them sighing and glancing God knows where though anywhere but at each other, I would have hit the stop button and filed it for another time when I was in the mood for pure visual craft, and I already have too many of those discs to begin with, and very little space.

Speaking of the Henry King retrospective and those prints, it was really eye opening to go from stunning Technicolor productions of the early 1950's such as I'D CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN, (which for me was the big revelation of the KIng retro) and an hour later come back to see almost sepia-toned faded DeLuxe color prints, such as THIS EARTH IS MINE, and one would think "What the hell happened?"

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
and an hour later come back to see almost sepia-toned faded DeLuxe color prints,such as THIS EARTH IS MINE, and one would think "What the hell happened?"

I have the Spanish DVD of This Earth Is Mine (and no, it's not a bootleg) and the colors look nice. Unfortunately, it's not anamorphic and it's probably OP at this point. I'd buy a blu in a heartbeat!

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin

When the film first came out, it received harsh critical notices and its reputation has never recovered, so you are not alone with that opinion. I love melodrama, personality clashes, throbbing emotions, libidos on overdrive and all that, so this film is right up my street! Also it's interesting to see Philip Ober playing a fairly likable character for a change and to see Herbert Rudley, repeating for Henry King after The Bravados, telling F. Scott Fitzgerald that his talent did not lie in writing for movies. I accept that others will not share my enthusiasm for this film, but I enjoy it enormously.

lark144

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
mark gross
I have the Spanish DVD of This Earth Is Mine (and no, it's not a bootleg) and the colors look nice. Unfortunately, it's not anamorphic and it's probably OP at this point. I'd buy a blu in a heartbeat!
I wasn't dissing THIS EARTH IS MINE, which I like a lot, merely commenting on the faded print which I saw at MOMA in the 70's which was especially shocking as the film that I saw prior to that was I'D CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN which looked so amazing that it may have seemed batter than it actually was.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Is "The Hound of the Baskervilles" 1959 sold out? Had it in my basket on ScreenArchives waiting for this past Mon (when I get paid each wk), but it has disappeared and I can no longer locate it on the site.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
Is "The Hound of the Baskervilles" 1959 sold out? Had it in my basket on ScreenArchives waiting for this past Mon (when I get paid each wk), but it has disappeared and I can no longer locate it on the site.
Two days ago Screen Archives still had 50 in stock.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
Twilight Time hasn't been updating this list when titles sell out but Screen Archives reports the following TT titles are sold out: The Hawaiians, How To Steal A Million, Scorpio and the encore edition of The Train.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Update to Sold Out titles
These are all the titles that appear to have gone OOP since the beginning of the March Madness Sale. Bolded titles sold out (SAE AND TTM) since last update and all within the last 7 day

MISS SADIE THOMPSON (1953 / 2D and 3D)
KISS OF DEATH (1947)
THE HAWAIIANS (1970)
THE REMAINS OF THE DAY
THE TRAIN (1964 / ENCORE EDITION)
SCORPIO (1973)
REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS... (1985)
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (1966)
BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974) (ENCORE EDITION)
THE DETECTIVE (1968)
COUNT YORGA, VAMPIRE (1970)
BEST OF EVERYTHING, THE (1959)
TWILIGHT SAMURAI (2002)

Most Beautiful Wife, The (La Moglie Piu Bella)

GUN FURY 3D / 2D (1953)
TO SIR, WITH LOVE (1967)
FLAMING STAR (1960)
STRANGE INVADERS (1983)
THEATRE OF BLOOD (1973)
PEYTON PLACE (1957)
INFERNO 3D/2D (1953)

EYE OF THE NEEDLE (1981)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
I think this is the new updated list of items SOLD OUT since last update of the OP.
The World of Henry Orient (Limited Edition to 3000)
Devil in a Blue Dress (Limited Edition to 3000)
State of Grace (Limited Edition to 3000)
The Hound of the Baskervilles (Limited Edition to 3000)
The Fortune (Limited Edition to 3000)
Where the Sidewalk Ends (Limited Edition to 3000)
Fat City (Limited Edition to 3000)
The Front (Limited Edition to 3000)

MISS SADIE THOMPSON (1953 / 2D and 3D)
KISS OF DEATH (1947)
THE HAWAIIANS (1970)
THE REMAINS OF THE DAY
THE TRAIN (1964 / ENCORE EDITION)
SCORPIO (1973)
REMO WILLIAMS: THE ADVENTURE BEGINS... (1985)
HOW TO STEAL A MILLION (1966)
BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA (1974) (ENCORE EDITION)
THE DETECTIVE (1968)
COUNT YORGA, VAMPIRE (1970)
BEST OF EVERYTHING, THE (1959)
TWILIGHT SAMURAI (2002)
Most Beautiful Wife, The (La Moglie Piu Bella)
GUN FURY 3D / 2D (1953)
TO SIR, WITH LOVE (1967)
FLAMING STAR (1960)
STRANGE INVADERS (1983)
THEATRE OF BLOOD (1973)
PEYTON PLACE (1957)
INFERNO 3D/2D (1953)
EYE OF THE NEEDLE (1981)
COWBOY (1958)
SENSE AND SENSIBILITY (1995)
BOXCAR BERTHA (1972)
MANHATTAN MURDER MYSTERY (1993)
GLORIA (1980)
JULIA (1977)
TONY ROME / LADY IN CEMENT (1967 / 1968)
BRIDGE AT REMAGEN, THE (1969)
CUTTER'S WAY (1981)
BIRTH OF A NATION, THE (1915)

FWIW: For a while during the Clearance Sale both THE HOT ROCK and THE LONG HOT SUMMER were listed temporarily OOS after being presumed SOLD OUT. LHS returned a couple weeks ago and I just noticed THE HOT ROCK is now back in stock at SAE

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
SInce the last post -- these items appear to now be sold out and OOP

+ Exodus (Limited Edition to 3000)
+ Black Widow (Limited Edition to 3000)
+ The Seven-Ups (Limited Edition to 3000)
+ Moscow on the Hudson (Limited Edition to 3000)
+ Edge of Eternity (Limited Edition to 3000)
+ Alexander the Great (Limited Edition to 3000)
+ Dragonwyck (Limited Edition to 3000)

+ Zelig (Limited Edition to 3000)

This appears to leave 180 TT still for sale at SAE, with this item likely to sell out next
SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS (LA CORTA NOTTE DELLA BAMBOLE DI VETRO / 1971) -- 16 Copies left at SAE

There were also several titles added back to SAE earlier that had been presumed sold out for a while. Now 9 of these titles were are on the site, but are not filtered out under the TT studio label.
1 BITE THE BULLET (1975)
1 DISAPPEARANCE (1977), THE
1 MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION (1962)
2 REMAINS OF THE DAY (1993), THE
7 SLEEPLESS IN SEATTLE (1993)
10 EXPERIMENT IN TERROR (1962)
27 WORLD OF HENRY ORIENT (1964), THE
50 BELIEVERS (1987), THE
50 VANISHING (1993), THE

Last edited:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
SHORT NIGHT OF GLASS DOLLS (LA CORTA NOTTE DELLA BAMBOLE DI VETRO / 1971) -- SOLD OUT
BRUTAL TALES OF CHIVALRY (AKA SHOWA ZANKYO-DEN / REGION A ONLY / 1965) -- 18 copies left at SAE

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
There were also several titles added back to SAE earlier that had been presumed sold out for a while. Now 9 of these titles were are on the site, but are not filtered out under the TT studio label.
1 MR. HOBBS TAKES A VACATION (1962)

I just bought that one.

Reactions: PMF

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks