What's new

The Matrix COllection hits HD DVD MAy 22!! (1 Viewer)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Well thats definitely disappointing. :frowning: The only reason for me to get the Ultimate Collection was for the Animatrix in HD. I don't really care all that much if the extras (featurettes, etc) are in HD. Well... maybe I care about the trailers. :D Guess I'll just have to live with the Complete Trilogy version and hold on to my SD-DVD versions for the extras.

And what's the deal with all the harsh criticism of Matrix: Reloaded? That is by far the best entry in the trilogy. Lots of great philosophical content on the nature of exists and the like. Great stuff!

EricW

Senior HTF Member
re: non-HD animatrix:

what a semi-disappointment. oh well, i guess it's the trilogy set for me.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
I think the majority of extras will not be in HD. All the behind the scenes footage shot on set would have been SD video....

Sam Davatchi

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
SamD
Look at the bright side, when they release it on BD, both the movies and making ofs will fit into one side and we will get the disc art....sorry I couldn't resist! ;)

EnricoE

Supporting Actor

well, this is good to know and i might just pick up this set, if the street price is right.

as for the trailers: warner, please put all of them in glorious hd on the disc :D

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I just checked Amazon and they list all three Matrix movies seperatly along with the box set. While they are not as not currently available, maybe they know something we don't.

If they are actually sold seperatly, I will get the first movie and for-go the others.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
It's a moot point for me as I'm waiting for the BD set, but Animatrix in SD would push me to just getting the movie only set.

Cory S.

Supporting Actor
With the revelation of the Animatrix in SD, WB made this decision easier. I'll just go with The Complete Trilogy Set and just keep my Ultimate Collection SD, if I ever want to revist the Burly Man Chronicles, The Roots of the Matrix, and the Zion Archives discs...

Dave>h

Second Unit
HI,

No Animatrix in HD - that really does suck, especially since the specs would indicate that they can do it.

I may just have to keep my $100.

I was genuinely excited about this release when I read it but the more I read about it, the less enthusiastic I become:

1) Sounds like it is combo disks - HD on one side and SD on the other
2) No mention of lossless audio which probably means DD +, which isn't bad but DD True HD would be a lot better and what I was hoping for
3) No HD animatrix

Given I don't love Reloaded or Revolutions, it is going to be a tough sell for me unless the price is really great.

Dave

John H Ross

Screenwriter

Shall I tell you the nature of existance? You're born. You live X years on this planet. You die. The end. I didn't need The Matrix Reloaded to waffle on about what IT thinks is the meaning of it all.

And $119 (RRP) for three films and a bunch of SD extras that most potential HD buyers already own on DVD is just silly.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
SD Animatrix simply means I'll be able to keep my DVD and only upgrade to the cheaper trilogy set because I don't care about Warner's fluffy extras (I've never watched the regular DVD extras that have been on my shelf for ..... 8 years!?! Wow I'm getting old.)

I remember when The Matrix in HD could have pushed my to buy a D-VHS player. :) Guess I'll finally have to buy an HDTV some 12 years after the format is announced (and still less than 10 HD channels on cable:P )

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
Since I am only interested in the Matrix movies I guess I am not upset about the Animatrix not being HD. But the fact that they did not do a HD transfer for an HD set is troublesome. :eek: For the people that would want The Animatrix in HD and are paying top dollar for an HD box set with one of the features being done in SD, that sucks! :angry:

The only thing I want is all three Matrix flixs on HD-DVD with lossless Dolby True HD. If it does not come out with DTHD on HD-DVD then I would like to see it on Blu-ray with a DTS-HD Master Audio track. I am still deciding if I will buy it just for the HD video transfer, jury is still out? There is a good chance that since I have all three movies on SD-DVD with weak Dolby Digital tracks I will hold out for HD w/ lossless audio.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The more I've thought about this today the more I am in for the whole box. Granted, I only LOVE the original. But lets face it....the Highway Chase Action Sequence in The Matrix Reloaded might....just might be one of the coolest filmed in a long, long time.

How many of us have purchased stuff like this for the eye candy?
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif
Especially early on in the evolving HD DVD world...I bought Sahara of all things. :D. Kind of a dumb film but man is it a good HD showpiece.

Reloaded's Highway scene will be demoed ALOT.

This very cool sequence in 1080p and Dolby True HD? I'm in. :)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I for one am really looking forward to this. Even though Reloaded and Revolutions were not as awesome as the first, I am still pretty jazzed about getting them in a high Def format.

It is kind of lame that the Animatrix will not be HD though.

I will definitely be picking up the boxset come May 22nd...along with POTC and a few other HD format discs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks