What's new

The Martian (2015) (1 Viewer)

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Getting into The Martian the trailer music sounds cool in Dolby Stereo THX JBL.

When's the soundtrack going to surface on MarsTube. :biggrin:

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Great review from Esquire.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/movies/reviews/a37885/the-martian-matt-damon/

"after this week's premiere at the 2015 Toronto International Film Festival, the final product is evidence that, well, great ideas usually turn out to be just that. With Cabin in the Woods and LOST writer Drew Godard adapting the book, star Matt Damon bringing determination, levity, and a boss brand of nerd to the proceedings, The Martian is one of the funniest, inspiriting disaster movies of all time."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Tino said:
"...'The Martian' is one of the funniest, inspiriting disaster movies of all time."
Based on the trailers I've seen, I wouldn't have thought this was a comedy.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Other than a man stranded on Mars they are completely different.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Although I haven't seen RCOM in years so I may be wrong.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This looks very interesting. I'm definitely avoiding any more trailers and clips.

Can't wait to check it out next month.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Thanks, an interesting interview. I hope his health holds out so he can make the Flashman movie, that could be very good. I hardly ever go to the cinema these days, but there's a few films coming up that I really must see: The Martian, Everest, The Hateful Eight & In The Heart Of The Sea.

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
I just finished the audio book in 3 days! This was the fastest that I've ever read (listened) to a book in a long while. Held my interest from beginning to end.

The reader did an excellent job. Very enthusiastic, even captured the characters different accents. This really helped to breath life into the story.

I got so into the story, that I just had to watch the trailer and featurette. It gave me a visual reference to some of what was being described. You know, a picture is worth a thousand words.

If you're not put off by lots of NASA acronyms, and the "F" word, I would highly recommend this book. And I can't wait to see the film (in real 3D).

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I've have so-o-o longed for a movie that depicted the day-to-day survival of someone on another planet, but Hollywood keeps giving us action thrillers that ignore this important aspect. As mediocre as it ultimately was, at least Brian De Palma's MISSION TO MARS addressed some of this. There was a wonderful 1950 novel Farmer In the Sky by Robert Heinlein, which described the ways and means a family used on Ganymede to simply survive. It was full of atmosphere, vivid description, and beautiful prose. I'd love to see a talented directed tackle this without resorting to the action movie bullshit that is almost perfunctory these days. The upcoming Ridley Scott film looks like it might at least contain some of those elements, and I am really hoping his latest film will revive my admiration for a once-great director.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks