What's new

Blu-ray Review The Lion King 3D: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by BelaGuy

I always thought that Lion King was a spectacular update of Bambi.

I always thought that Lion King was a spectacular update of Kimba the White Li-*SHOT*

Brisby

Second Unit
Real Name
Robert Knaus
Lord Dalek said:
I always thought that Lion King was a spectacular update of Kimba the White Li-*SHOT*
"You must avenge my death Kimba...I mean, Simba." :P For anyone who's watched this yet, is the altered crocodile animation still in there?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Originally Posted by Brisby
For anyone who's watched this yet, is the altered crocodile animation still in there?

Apparently. Although I'm not sure anybody particularly cares outside of the OCD crowd over at Ultimate Disney. I know that I don't. Its not like Mufasa shot first or anything. Its just a two second shot of some crocs and a 5 second shot of a waterfall for crissakes!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Got it; insert says that Lion King 1 1/2 and Lion King 2: Simba's Pride will be released individually next year. Also mentioned Lady & the Tramp for Spring and Cinderella for Fall 2012, but I think that's old news.

hova0023

Auditioning
Real Name
Andrew Herrera
The Lion King was one of my favorite films growing up, I still remember watching it opening weekend at the El Capitan. Great songs, entertaining story. One of the best Disney made in the last 25 years.

TitusTroy

Auditioning
Real Name
Titus
debating between buying either Lion King or Beauty and the Beast...both seem amazing in 3D

Rolando

Screenwriter
Loved it first time, got bored quick but re saw with kids last year and must admit it still stands. Will wait o upgrade to Blu though... Unless I win :)

Scamp

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
Saw it a couple of weeks back in 3D at the theater; really enjoyed seeing it again on the Big Screen. Hope I can snag a copy in the contest.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
For those keeping score, the "Virtual Vault" was "closed" to my Panasonic DMP-BD605 as well

Originally Posted by MattH.

Since I couldn't get the "Virtual Vault" to open, I can't answer that question. I assume some of those games from the last DVD edition are in there (the liner notes on the case state the vintage DVD features are there), but I can't be sure.

I'll try to open it using the PS3 tomorrow. Maybe it'll have better success than the Panasonic 310 I was using this afternoon;.

/t/315146/the-lion-king-3d-diamond-edition-blu-ray-review#post_3855332

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Ken_McAlinden

For those keeping score, the "Virtual Vault" was "closed" to my Panasonic DMP-BD605 as well

Ken, I tried to open it on two Panasonic players (neither the one you have), and it didn't open on either of them either. As I said, it did open on the PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks