Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
It's campy.
Corny.
Ridiculous adventure stuff.

But, I laughed along with and both of my young teen boys thought it was a romp.

There is room for some ridiculous fun adventure on TV. I'm in.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I agree. I find myself laughing and smiling at a show that does not take itself too seriously.
Castle is the only other show I watch that leaves me feeling the same way.

I will also admit there is an extra layer of humor for a Portlander, since it is fun to see how they are using Oregon.

[*]the park blocks outside my office became a garden walkway in London during the series opener.
[*]Last night's episode had an alley in NW Portland revealed on the other side of the door followed by a character commenting, "We're in Boston!"
[*]the library annex is under the St John's Bridge
[/list]
Hard not to laugh.

I am also a total fanboy of Rebecca Romijn.

Scott-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
This sure felt a lot like Warehouse 13. So much so that I wonder if it had to be deliberate. Even down to the "bigger on the inside" idea and a wacky guy who runs it.

Well I really liked Warehouse 13, so I guess it is good I get more of it.

I wonder how much Noah Wyle will be in it?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I really enjoyed Warehouse 13 and how it explained mythic items with scientific reasoning.
The cast on that show was above reproach, IMHO. And the whole HG Welles thing and the episode where the old employees travel back in time to the moment they fell in love was one of the best episodes of any show I have ever seen.

Still, that show is gone and if this one borrows perhaps a little too much from its formula, I won't mind too terribly much.

Matt Hough said:
I liked Warehouse 13 better, but certainly held my attention, and I'll continue watching. I like the cast.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
I've been trying to enjoy this show but the stories and especially the acting are SO horrible, it's getting tougher to look forward to the next episode. Not sure if I can keep going with this show.

And yes it is a lot like Warehouse 13 which I enjoyed in it's first season or two.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
The Warehouse 13 parallels were extremely strong in the first two Librarians, which is probably why they closed the main library in the first episode. This way they wouldn't have all the many "artifacts" to worth with in hunting down the stolen and new ones.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
It took me 4 days to get through the first 45 minutes of the premier then I gave up.
Couldn't keep my attention.

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I don't know how much that would be a factor, as MattCR pointed out The Librarian aired five years before Warehouse 13 was launched.

I think they closed the main library for several reasons:

[*]Budget: the CGI to support the main library would cost $$$
[*]Allows the series a clean break with Bob Newhart and Jane Curtain
[*]removes any need to film in NYC; Portland, Oregon is cheaper
[*]provides an overall mega-story arch of getting the full library back
[*]give the show a clean break and mostly fresh start from the three previous films
[*]sets are also, in general, going to me more fiscally-prudent as they keep walking in the St. John's Bridge in Oregon into that relatively tiny library annex.
[/list]

NeilO said:
The Warehouse 13 parallels were extremely strong in the first two Librarians, which is probably why they closed the main library in the first episode. This way they wouldn't have all the many "artifacts" to worth with in hunting down the stolen and new ones.

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
Well, it's been a year, and a whole new season has passed.

I am still enjoying the ride provided by most episodes, especially the finale, but, I've always been a sucker for time travel stories.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
My wife still likes this, but I have not enjoyed the second season at all. The actors try too hard to be funny, which isn't funny to me.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I watched this season, too, and I enjoyed it without loving it. Things seemed just a bit off this season. I did love the actor playing William Shakespeare last night.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I did like seeing both the DeLorean (well, the license plate) and the TARDIS in the time travel room.

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
I caught up with the end of last season and all of this season over the past few weeks. It is a fun light show which provides a nice alternative to many of the dark shows out there. It was nice to see more of Noah Wyle now that Falling Skies is over.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
I was looking at the Wiki page for this show and it states it was picked up for a 3rd season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Librarians_(2014_TV_series)

I like this show more and more. I think the fact that it never takes itself too serious is the main reason.

I am glad to see it get another season.

Resurrecting an oldie ;)

Glad to see it returning, but the last I read is it will premiere on November 20. It's got some CGI/special effects stuff for post production, but wow, some of these shows seem to take years before broadcast.

Just a guess, but we'll be seeing footage that was shot probably two years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks